The Easiest Holiday Dessert Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

‘Tis the season for gift exchanges, family time, and higher-than-normal levels of sugar consumption. There’s no better way to ring in the holidays than with some seasonal sweets. Whether you’re planning a holiday party or just looking for something to do this winter break, these dessert recipes are extremely easy to recreate. They’re guaranteed to be a hit with friends and family (or just you, because treat yourself). 

1. Peppermint Bark

Peppermint bark is a fan favorite, and it’s also a breeze to make.

Melt 12 oz. of dark chocolate in the microwave and stir until smooth

Pour the dark chocolate onto a 9×12 pan lined with parchment paper 

Repeat with 12 oz. of white chocolate, pouring the microwaved chocolate on top of the dark chocolate and trying to make the layers even

Crush some peppermints candies and sprinkle them on top while the chocolate is still melted

Let the chocolate harden in the fridge for 2 hours, then break into pieces!

2. Candy Cane Covered Oreos 

Want to take your peppermint bark to the next level? Just add Oreos.

Melt a bag of Hershey’s candy cane in the microwave, stirring until smooth

Using a fork, dip your Oreo in the melted chocolate, flipping to coat

Shake off the excess chocolate and lay the Oreo on a pan lined with parchment paper

Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies and let them harden in the fridge

3. Chocolate Pretzel “Wreaths”

Festive and colorful, these bite-sized snacks are both salty and sweet.

Preheat your oven to 275 degrees and spread out your mini pretzels onto a greased baking sheet

Place a milk chocolate Hershey kiss on each pretzel, and then stick them into the oven for 3 minutes until the chocolate is soft

Remove the pretzels from the oven and stick a red or green M&M onto each Hershey kiss

Let them cool, and if you want to get fancy, drizzle some melted white chocolate over top!

4. Santa Hat Brownie Bites

As if brownie bites weren’t cute enough on their own, they’re even cuter wearing Santa hats. 

Pour some cream cheese frosting into a Ziplock bag, snipping off one corner

Pipe a circle of frosting onto the brownie, then place a strawberry (with the top removed!) onto the frosting

Dot each strawberry tip with a bit more frosting

5. Gingerbread Truffles

If you’re too lazy to make cookies from scratch but still want some gingerbread in your life, this is the recipe for you!

Place gingersnap cookies in a food processor and crush until they turn to crumbs (or place them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin!)

Blend the cookie crumbs with 8 oz. of cream cheese, stirring until smooth

Roll the cookie mixture into 1-inch balls, then let them set on a parchment paper-lined pan in the fridge for about 45 minutes

Melt some white chocolate and dip each cookie ball into the chocolate, placing them back onto the parchment paper

Top with nutmeg or cinnamon, then place them back in the fridge for another 30 minutes

From all of us at Her Campus, happy holidays, and bon appétit!