This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Fall is a great season, not only because of the beautiful weather and fall foliage, but also because of the several opportunities to go apple picking and bake a ton of warm treats.

This year, many of us have begun to do outdoor activities because it gets us out of the house and it’s safer than hanging out with people indoors. This season, I actually went apple picking twice and had an overwhelming amount of apples and didn’t know what to do with them. So, my sister made a bunch of recipes to include apples and they were all delicious. Here are the best apple recipes to make once you’ve gone apple picking!

Apple Pie

First of all, apple pie is your easiest bet. Apple pies, especially homemade ones, are delicious and a classic dessert anyone can enjoy. They’re easy to share and use a lot of apples.

Here is a recipe for a homemade apple pie.

Apple Crisp

Similar to apple pie, apple crisp is easy to bake and delicious to eat and share with anyone.

Here is a recipe for homemade apple crisp.

Caramel Apples

Caramel apples may be a challenge, but are so delicious. They’re sweet, tasty, and easy to top with even more sweets.

Here is a recipe for homemade caramel apples.

Apple Chips

Apple chips are a delicious and easy snack. They’re crispy and full of flavor.

Here is a recipe for homemade apple chips.

Chicken Apple Sandwiches

If you want an actually healthy meal with apples, I recommend making chicken apple sandwiches. They are surprisingly delicious and a great snack or food for lunch.

Here is a recipe for chicken apple sandwiches.

I got so many apples I just gave up on making more recipes, but these are all delicious and enjoyable! Sometimes, I just don’t want a plain apple on its own. So, I highly recommend making these if you go apple picking or just have time to bake in general!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Caele (pronounced Kay-lee) is a senior at Boston University studying Advertising and Spanish. She loves books, film, music, photography, food, traveling, fashion, and beauty. Before COVID-19, you could usually find her on the MBTA or in a coffee shop.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.