This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Now that Christmas is just around the corner, many people have been pulling out old recipes and preparing for the holiday baking season. I love to bake and have loved experimenting over the past few years with new Christmas confections. The pandemic has also gotten more and more people into baking, so I decided to compile a list of five of my favorite recipes to make during the holiday season.

Peppermint Cheesecake

I made this for a holiday party last year and absolutely loved it! If you’re a fan of peppermint, definitely give it a try. While the recipe may seem a bit complicated, the process actually isn’t too hard, and with a little decor, you’ll impress whoever you serve it to. Find the recipe here.

Peppermint Bark

Okay, I may be going a bit crazy with the peppermint, but what other time of year do you eat it? This is a simple yet delicious holiday treat, and I especially love the fact that you can customize it however you want. Any combination of toppings can make this recipe your own. Find the recipe here.

Peanut Butter Fudge

Fudge is a super traditional holiday recipe, but I like to shift from chocolate to peanut butter for a more unique dessert. I have my own family recipe, but there’s plenty online that will do the trick. Find the recipe here.

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Another peanut butter treat, these peanut butter blossom cookies are one of my favorite cookies at Christmastime. They look super professional (perfect for a party), and they taste even better. Find the recipe here.

Coconut Meringues

Meringues are a bit of a unique recipe, so if you want to try something new, I would give these a go! Coconut plus meringue is a match made in heaven, and these treats won’t disappoint. Find the recipe here.

Although Christmas may be less of a time of gathering this year due to the pandemic, you can still enjoy the holidays just as much. Making some treats and dropping them off at a friend or family member’s house can be a great way to be festive and stay safe.

Happy holidays and happy baking!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Ruby is a sophomore from Phoenix, Arizona studying computer science and media science at BU. She loves to express her passions through writing, and hopes to help some readers along the way. Besides writing for Her Campus, Ruby spends her time cooking, reading, and exploring new coffee shops.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.