rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Let’s be real—college life is stressful. We all struggle with balancing academics, jobs, extracurriculars, social life, and our general happiness. As they say, it’s much easier said than done.

Sometimes, I for one seem to forget how fleeting every moment is and being stressed out is not a valid use of time.

It is so easy to be consumed by worries or overwhelmed by everything that may be coming your way. The best remedy to de-stress is to take a step back and… let go. It is important to realize that nothing is the end of the world and that your stress will eventually subside.

Photo Credit: Pinterest

Stress hinders you from living your life to the fullest. We all get a little overwhelmed sometimes, it happens to the best of us.

With the right time management skills and a little effort, everything is possible and accomplishable. Don’t let your own stress and worries get the best of you and the great things that you are accomplishing.

Decompress and do whatever it is that will keep you going.

Photo Credit: Tiny Buddha

Maybe drink some tea, wander the city, curl up with a good book, or just close your eyes.

When everything feels like it’s unraveling, just take a second or two for yourself. I promise; you can do it.

I’ve found that after those stressful moments, I realize that nothing is more important than my own health, happiness, and well-being.

On that note, let’s de-stress and live our lives to the fullest. Take things one step at a time, and remember that it’s totally ok to not know what to do. We all let our thoughts get the best of us sometimes.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.