Wellness

How Many Times Have You Cleaned Your Room? 5 Other Things to do During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I am not going to sit here and pretend that I have all the answers to your problems. I don’t. Trust me, right now we are all in this together and all just as bored as the next person. However, I do know that if you are anything like me you have probably cleaned nearly every room in your house twice over and most definitely cannot find it in yourself to rearrange your room again…for the third time…or the fifth…

Here are five other things I’ve been doing during quarantine to keep my mind sane and my eyes off of screens:

YouTube Yoga

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed evolving my yoga practice. Back at school I had started to get into it with different friends over the years but never fully embraced the practice. Recently, with my new-found free time, I started my mornings (early afternoons?) with Yoga. I found a really great 30-day yoga challenge on the channel Yoga with Adriene. Personally, I find her video calming, motivating, and easy to follow along to even without being a Yogi.

Go through your makeup and skincare items

Girl. How long have you been using the same foundation? Be serious with your answer, because I’m sure you have been using it much longer than you should be. Makeup and skincare items go bad and grow bacteria, but most of us don’t even think twice about the products we use. I went through my skin products last week and was surprised at how much I had that I have barely even used. Now is the time to clean out the products you just throw in the bathroom and forget about. Throw a facemask on while you do it! 

Go for a walk and listen to a podcast

We’ve all seen the memes of how much everyone has been walking since nothing is open. But the weather is getting nicer and the days are getting longer. If you are in an area where you can take a stroll, grab your headphones and head outside. Podcasts are a great way to keep yourself entertained with all types of stories. Be it murder-mysteries, celebrity gossip, comedic gold, or daily news, there is a podcast for everyone’s liking. Right now, I’ve been enjoying VIEWS with David Dobrik and Jason Nash and The Daily by The New York Times.

Learn a new recipe and bake some cookies

Hello! Not a chef here! But I will say I have made some meaaaannnnn cookies cooped up in the house. With the world at your fingertips, Google can give you a recipe for just about anything you could want. It’s definitely worth seeing what ingredients you have in your kitchen and what sweets you can chef up for your family.

Read a new book genre

I have been telling myself for years that I would pick up a romance novel. My go to books have always been mystery or coming-of-age stories, but romance was never my go to even though I love romantic movies. So, I gathered a list of books from my library-loving friend Grace and got to it. Now In have a stack of highly recommended books to keep me occupied.

*Protip: my best quarantine purchase thus far has been a HUGE oversized fuzzy blanket snuggie sweatshirt thing called a Comfy. It’s made everything more enjoyable and reading in it makes me feel like I’m floating in a cloud. 

Now, I don’t expect that you have thought about these things before, or that I am giving you some prolific one-of-a-kind idea. But I do hope that reading this article gives you a push to change your routine a bit and try something new that you have wanted to do! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Delanie is a senior at Boston University who loves Pavement's iced tea and the Charles River. She has a passion for writing and is on an adventure to find the best coffee shop in Boston. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.