This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Milan Fashion Week has officially commenced. These are four 2023 trends that roamed Italy’s runways: 

DENIM ON DENIM

Creative director Glenn Martens kicks off Diesel’s spring 2023 show with all things denim: sliced jeans and hoodies, deconstructed trench coats, shredded maxi dresses and bra tops, denim cowboy boots, and more. Martens does not push just denim’s boundaries; he also endorses his mission of breaking down barriers of the long-standing fashion industry by offering 3.000 tickets to the public. Diesel’s denim haven was one for the books. 

POOLSIDE GLAMOUR

Moschino upgrades poolside glamour to a 64-piece, high-end collection. Aside from being huge eye-catchers, the bold colours and poolside inflatables that govern the Spring Summer 2023 season embellish a chic array of swimwear, gowns, and two-pieces: a childhood dream come to life!

’90S, BABY!  

Fendi presents its ’90s-inspired collection that pays tribute to Karl Lagerfiel’s contributions to the brand. Heralding the iconic fashion decade, Fendi’s show featured exclusively chunky platform boots and sandals, ranging from bold hues of green and pink to subdued neutrals. The collection was rife with jewel, crewneck, and turtleneck necklines, which allude to the revered minimalistic look of the ’90s – with a twist.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

The Gucci ‘Twinsburg’ show visits the crossroad of individualism and polarity in the fashion world. Models and their identical twins strutting down the runway in unison is not only a show-stopping spectacle but it is also thoughtfully raises the question: can style be replicated? Tailored blazers and pinstriped suits were stars of the ensemble, so take this as your sign not to get rid of the oversize blazer that took this year’s fashion forefront by storm! The collection also featured suit pants broken up with garter straps, a bold, edgy statement to an otherwise repeated silhouette.

👗 Related: #NYFW Recap and Trends You Can Rock on Campus
Cecilia Sarantopoulos is the chapter leader and editor-in-chief of Her Campus at Brown University. She oversees the chapter's published content, social media presence, and brand deals. Beyond Her Campus, Cecilia is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Comparative Literature (focusing on English & French) and Theatre Arts. Her written work on culture and style has been featured in prestigious publications, such as Marie Claire Greece and Huffington Post Greece. Cecilia is also a classically trained ballerina and a published poet. In her free time, she stays updated with media trends and the current digital landscape, with a soft spot for all things Disney. Enjoying a warm cup of tea, engaging in water sports, and watching a classic rom-com round out her list of beloved pastimes.