Style > Fashion

Fendi Autumn/Winter 2022 Ready-To-Wear Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

On February 24, 2022, I stumbled upon what is probably the most stunning collection I’ve seen from a designer brand in a while. It was none other than Fendi’s Autumn 2022 Ready-To-Wear collection. With sheer pieces and neutral pieces, Kim Jones draws inspiration from past collections and family history to bring us something new and fresh. The models were styled by Melanie Ward with Ellie Grace Cumming to be the face of the collection. The collection featured sultry pieces and exposed seams, here were some of my favorite looks:

drWQak20o2HbatCHJ1qbFxA2y0DuMsBndeMjFRiqNkXg1yjEMzPekrI96vOIryFU2 yNOgCA5AE92afIarglvW6uCyVW8Pb uPTZVH9uYudfN6qE7gBOpzyRrbgV9L27Unna 4T1

Bella Hadid opened the show in a sheer, lingerie-like piece with exposed seams. The piece is style with gloves, a handbag, sunglasses, and a coat that matched the color of the sheer slip dress. I love this piece because it’s simple yet makes a statement. The accessories and shoes offer a more upscale look.

2T5aDj6bjBafRenNFExAJiwEDIktnlJQukRcVfl63 He5BpHyHpm2sRNO8 3 JuA7Yk5wjM1uc7Y39RubXxTFmNebnIp46pyqdm wRfz3Sym1BkhMVyO0Vs1RWXhHHBR5aAcTZ1v

America Gonzalez wears a look similar to Hadid’s but adds a pop of color with the handbag, sleeves, and a necklace. This look is one of my favorites because of its simplicity. Adding the pop of color and necklace gives more depth to the piece but doesn’t overpower the dress.

h6gDptUJk7Sz0d5EmCK66OXLkb0lSmJ4

Nyanderi Deng takes on a completely different look by adding plaid trousers and a long fur coat but still keeps the sheer theme going with her blouse. I am obsessed with this look because it’s giving business meets fashion. Some business looks can get boring but Deng and Ward remind us that they don’t have to be.

RaNuv930xXSONdYgwuGyqEARTee MKOXeGD5NEkLxLoCyON2P7qeKTJml2axw4SSFOxh1t5X8 hxKmyymsOmxWvKflDXwuK2nWWiIxC5

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love an LBD moment but in this case, it’s an LBS (little black suit). This is my favorite look out of the whole collection so I saved the best for last. This all-black moment is mysterious yet in your face. It offers a sleek, professional, and classy look with a belt to cinch the waist and show the model’s figure. The gold jewelry correlates with the hardware on the gold belt tying the look altogether.

It’s all about the details, accessories, and layering when it comes to putting pieces together. The stylist could have just put the models in the piece and called it a day but Ward realizes how important it is to have accessories because they make the look! The whole collection was beautiful and I could go on and on about my favorite looks because I have so many but the ones I’ve included stole the show for me.

Hi everyone! I'm Jonaira, a junior at Temple University studying journalism. I am passionate about fashion, beauty, finding new restaurants to eat at, and finding new series to binge. You can follow me @nairamiche on Instagram.