This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

With reading week upon us, those of us staying in the lovely city of Bristol we call our (second) home might be wondering what to do with a whole free week – apart from endless studying, that is. Why not try something new and test out one of these swimming spots in Bristol. Yes, we admit, it’s getting cold and the idea of taking a dip in a pool of water might be the last thing you want to occupy yourself with but trust us, you’ll feel all the better for it! Whether you want to splash around at an indoor pool or brace the elements and dive into a wild swimming spot, we’ve got you covered.

Henleaze Swimming Club

The perfect idyll for those seeking solidate, Henleaze swimming club is a freshwater swimming pool fed by a spring water and surrounded by picturesque lawns and beautiful trees. In October, the pool is only open on the weekends from 10:30-3pm and be warned, temperatures can drop to below 10 degrees C.

Clifton Lido

Treat yo’ self this week with a trip to Clifton’s renowned lido. A refurbished Victorian outdoor pool, the lido features a sauna, steam room, spa treatments and outdoor hot tub, as well as 24m outdoor swimming pool heated to 20-24 degrees C year round. Not only does it have excellent facilities, it also boasts a brilliant poolside tapas bar and award-winning restaurant – the perfect place to take visiting parents. The pool and facilities are open to non-members every Monday-Friday from 1-4pm; £20 will allow you three hours of access.

Warleigh Weir

Take a day trip to this beautiful wild swimming spot, perfect for a sunny autumn day. Perfect for a long, relaxing swim away from the bustle of Bristol. Allowed access courtesy of a local farmer, the Weir features a large sunbathing field, perfect for drying off after a chilly dip or even for a picnic (take a warm coat…!)

Horfield Leisure Centre

For those less willing to take part in a bracing outdoor swim, Horfield leisure centre is the place for you. Whatever you want to do in the water, Horfield has an activity for it. From water polo to synchronised swimming, there’s tonnes of things you can get involved in. Try out their aqua classes for a great full body workout that’ll shred calories.  

Zoe Thompson

Bristol '18

President of Her Campus Bristol.