A Taste of Tasty: Cheesy Chicken Parm Burgers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Hello, everyone! After a fairly lengthy hiatus, I’m back this week with another Tasty recipe to try. My boyfriend and I were in the mood for something cheesy, and we just couldn’t resist this recipe when we discovered it.

This week, we decided to make the Cheesy Chicken Parm Burger.

Ingredients

One of the main reasons that we chose this recipe was because it had super simple ingredients. Unfortunately, we forgot to buy plain or Italian-seasoned bread crumbs at the grocery store, so we ended up using some Panko bread crumbs that we had on hand (still good, but we would’ve preferred one of the other options). It was also our first time buying ground chicken, and we didn’t really know what to expect… so we pretty much just picked up the first package that we saw. Instead of buying slices of cheese, we decided to go for one of those fresh balls of mozzarella and cut it into slices ourselves (I HIGHLY recommend this– it was delicious and well worth it). We also headed to the bakery section for some fresh buns because we wanted them to be thicker and heartier than normal burger buns. 

The Cooking Process

Admittedly, I can’t give much of a firsthand account of this process because my boyfriend did most of the work (thank you, JD!). I can say, however, that it was going extremely well for him until it was time to form the patties. For some reason, our ground chicken/spice mixture was way stickier than the one in the video. My boyfriend had a bit of difficult time forming the patties around the mozzarella cheese and getting them to stick together while coating them with breadcrumbs. In the end, they turned out wonderfully, but it made us wonder if we are somehow bad at buying ground chicken?!?!?

Another thing to note is that the recipe claims that one pount of ground chicken = 4 burgers. Now, I don’t know what size of burger you normally eat, but my boyfriend and I usually go for a larger size. As a result, we only made 3 burgers (which actually turned out completely fine, as they were super filling).

The burgers took much longer than 4 minutes per side to cook, likely because a) we made larger patties than in the video and b) Bentley stoves aren’t exactly of the highest quality. In the end, we decided to toss the patties in the oven for a few minutes to ensure that the insides were completely cooked without burning the surface. We finished the burgers by placing them on freshly-heated buns and adding marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.

The Result

Despite the minimal setbacks that we encountered, we both loved this recipe. It’s a quirky take on chicken parm that leaves you feeling full and satisfied. If you’re interested in trying it out, you can find the full recipe here!

Stay tuned for our next Tasty adventure!

Photo Sources: 1/2/3

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.