This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Back at it again! Here in Orso we decided to make our very own delicious Pad Thai. Follow the directions below to make your own!

Ingredients you will need:

• Pad Thai Rice Noodles (1 package)

• 8 ounce chicken breast

• 2 tablespoon oil

• 2 eggs (beaten)

• 4 cloves garlic (minced)

• ¼ and 2 tablespoon Pad Thai Sauce

• 2 tablespoon sugar

• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

• 1 medium summer squash

• ½ cup of diced carrots

Directions:

1. Soak the noodles in hot water for about 10 minutes or until tender.

2. While soaking the noodles, chop the chicken breast, summer squash and carrots into bite size pieces.

3. After ten minutes, drain the noodles and rinse under cold water. Then set the noodles aside for later.

4. Add ½ tablespoon of oil to a large warmed skillet, over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble them. Once the eggs are fully cooked, set them aside.

5. Add the remaining oil to the pan. Then add the minced garlic and saute until the garlic is slightly browned. Then add the chicken to the garlic and cook it through.

Mix the chicken and rice noodles like:

6. Once the chicken is cooked through, add the noodles and sauce to the chicken and combine.

7. Then add the summer squash, carrots, and eggs. Feel free to add any other vegetables you want either fresh or frozen.  

8. Mix all of the ingredients around and voila!! Your Pad Thai is complete. Plate and enjoy :-)

The finished product

You can even have a nice side salad for a complete meal :)

We personally used Annie Chun’s pad thai rice noodles and sauce and we would 100% would recommend.

If you haven’t checked out our last article you can find it HERE and watch out for our next recipe from Orso’s corner!!!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 and courtesy of the authors  

Annie Romanzo

Bentley '20

Hi! I am a junior at Bentley and majoring in Finance with a minor in Spanish. I am currently a loan director of the microfinance club and just recently ran a half marathon!
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.