Wellness

Must-Have Accessories For Runners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

I love to run, especially when the weather gets warm. When going for a run, it is important to be prepared – especially for long runs. Here are my must-have accessories and things you should bring on your run to ensure you have the best workout possible:

1. Teleties – these hair ties are the best. They are waterproof, won’t damage your hair, and won’t allow your hair to fall out no matter how many miles you conquer.
  2. BodyGlide for Her – this product looks like a stick of deodorant, but you apply it to your inner thighs (and anywhere else that rubs when you run – such as underneath a sports bra band) to prevent chaffing and skin irritation.
  3. Garmin running watch – many brands, including Garmin (the one I use), make smart watches that can track your steps, number of miles ran, pace per mile, overall running time, running route, heart rate, and more. My watch connects to an app on my phone so I can easily access my analytics after each run.
  4. Nike running sneakers – my favorite brand for running sneakers is Nike. They offer a variety of colors and styles so you can find the pair that works for you.
  5. Lululemon running shorts – Lululemon is my favorite brand for running shorts. They fit me well and allow me to move naturally. They also won’t keep falling down. I like to buy the 4-inch running shorts, but they also come shorter or longer.
  6. Lululemon sports bras – Lululemon medium-support sports bras are my favorite for running because they are comfortable and allow you to move, while still providing perfect support. They come in a variety of really cute colors and styles so they will work with any outfit.
I am a senior at Bentley University studying Corporate Finance and Accounting. I am a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority and campus correspondent for Bentley's chapter of HerCampus. I also work as an intern at an accounting firm! When I’m not writing articles for HerCampus, you can find me in line at Dunkin’.