books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Tips on Staying Stress-Free Before and During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

With finals looming just around the corner, it’s easy to get swept up in your assignments. Read on for our five go-to tips to survive and thrive as finals approach!

Don’t procrastinate.

As tempting as it is, procrastinating leads to increased stress during finals week. Start studying earlier—that way you can spread the work out over a manageable period of time.

Don’t bite off more than you can chew.

If you know you have finals coming up, don’t promise your friends that you will meet them or agree to do extra projects that you don’t have time for. Make a list of everything you have to do so you know how much time you have available and can manage it wisely.

Exercise.

Take a break to go burn off some of that excess energy you have! Exercising is a great way to combat some of the stress of finals week!

Take breaks from studying.

Occasionally/once in a while/very rarely—just take a break! If you’ve been studying hard, you deserve some time to de-compress! Taking a break from studying will also allow you to focus better and work with increased efficiency when you come back from your break.

Get a good night’s sleep.

Sometimes we spend so much time studying/cramming for finals that we forget the importance of a good night’s sleep. Getting enough sleep each night leading up to and during finals will allow your brain to stay focused and increase its effectiveness while studying. If you find yourself struggling to stay awake while studying, put the book down and go take a nap!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

I am a senior at Bentley University with a major in marketing. I plan to go to law school after finishing my undergrad.
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.