samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Staying Healthy During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

Staying healthy after spring break, and before finals season approaches can be tricky. So many people get stressed out, begin to sleep less and have irregular eating patterns. All of these things can lead to getting sick, and the last thing you need is to be coughing in the middle of a big final exam.

One of the best ways to stay healthy during one of the most stressful times of the semester is to sleep.

Although a lot of people think it will be more beneficial to stay up and work. But believe it or not, sleeping will actually refresh your memory and help you recall what you’ve learned way more than pulling an “all nighter”. Another great way to stay healthy is to take breaks during studying. If you allow yourself a bit of time to take a mental break, you will be able to focus better and feel more clear-headed before taking your exam. This can also prevent a potential cold or flu, which tends to hit students right around the most stressful time of the year.

Moreover, eating well-balanced meals and actually sticking to a schedule for eating can help keep your immune system properly fueled and ready to fight off any potential viruses. Eating a healthy breakfast and making sure to get protein, as well as fruits and veggies to keep your brain awake, provide many more benefits than people tend to realize. Eating gives your brain energy, as well as the rest of your body to recall information. Eating well-balanced meals also gives you all sorts of added benefits, like vitamins and calcium.

One final way to stay healthy during finals week is to take a break to go exercise and get your heart rate up. Raising your heartbeat can produce endorphins, which are chemicals made by your brain when you exercise that can motivate you and make you happier and more focused. Exercising allows you to sweat out any negative cells in your body, as well as allows you to occupy your mind on something other than your exams.

Overall, staying healthy during exam season is always a challenge. There tends to be a heavy cloud of stress that can float over college campuses, which can cause people to fall ill. But, if you do these four things while preparing for your exams, you’re guaranteed a much higher chance of staying healthy and feeling great while finishing off the year.