stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sunday Routines: How To Pamper Yourself And Get Ready For A Productive Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

We’re a couple weeks into the semester here at Auburn and I know I’m already super busy with class assignments, projects and upcoming exams. For some, especially me, Sundays seem to be a day where I sleep in, do nothing and then remember I have an assignment due the next day and frantically try to complete it at 11 p.m. While sleeping in and being lazy is great, I want to make a change in my Sunday night routine. I want to be more productive with my school work as well as with my self-care routine. I’ve come up with a list of things to do each Sunday to relax and pamper yourself as well as get ready for the upcoming week.

1. Make a To-Do List

This step always helps me stay organized. Make a list of all the things you have to do this day or in the upcoming week. This can be things from studying for an exam to picking up some bananas from Kroger. Making lists can help you stay on track throughout the week so you don’t forget anything important. You can write this list in your planner, on a sheet of paper, or even in the reminders app on your phone.

2. Clean

This can mean a good deep clean of your apartment or simply making your bed and doing some laundry. Either way, you’re starting fresh for the week so you don’t have to dig through that pile of clothes to find the top you want to wear.

3. Get Outside

This is a very important one. Going outside even for 10 minutes everyday is so good for you! You can go for a walk or just read a book on blanket in the shade. You’ll feel so much better afterwards. Go get that Vitamin D!

4. Do Homework/Study

This may be the least exciting thing on the list, but it is important. I suggest doing this early on in the day and try not to procrastinate until it’s late in the night and you still haven’t opened that textbook. Another tip: do little bits of studying everyday throughout the week so you don’t try to cram three chapters worth of material into your brain in one day.

5. Prepare For The Next Day

Once you’ve done your homework, make sure you have everything you need for the next day. Put your notebook in your backpack, make sure you pack your laptop charger, anything that you wouldn’t want to forget. It’s also a good idea to plan what your wearing the next day and to lay it out. Even if all you wear to class is a big t-shirt and shorts, you’re saving yourself some time in the morning and making everything a little less stressful.

6. Light A Candle/Diffuse Some Essential Oils

If there’s one thing that relaxes me, it’s scents. Even though its 85 degrees outside, I will still be lighting my pumpkin scented candle and wishing the leaves were brown. I’ve also recently gotten an essential oil diffuser and I absolutely love it. There’s so many different oils and they help relax and wind down from the day. It also makes your room feel clean and fresh.

7. Do A Face Mask, Paint Your Nails, etc.

I always make time to pamper myself on Sundays, even if it is just doing a face mask. Do anything that relaxes you and makes you feel good. This could even be watching a movie or having a big bowl of ice cream.

8. Go To Bed At A Reasonable Time

This is also very important. You definitely don’t want to be up until 2 A.M when you have an 8 A.M. the next day. Sleep is very important for your mind, body, and overall health. So make sure you catch those Z’s!

Sarrah Shew is a pre-graphic design major at Auburn University.