This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Let’s face it. Spring semester is almost over. Which means one of the greatest times of the year is finally coming: Summer! I love how there’s so many things you can do over the summer like going to the pool, beach, lake, outdoor concerts, or maybe even school. However, it can become very easy for us to fall off the healthy wagon during the summer. Here are a few habits you can start and/or maintain to stay healthy this summer.

Make H2O your BFF

As simple as it sounds, this habit can be the most helpful. Drinking water will keep you hydrated in the summer heat and also will promote that gorgeous glow all summer long.

Sierra’s Summer Suggestion: Add frozen fruit to your water make a delicious, tropically hydrating refresher for those long pool days.

Become a fruit fanatic

Now I’m not sure about you, but I have the biggest sweet tooth. When it comes to the summer, it’s hard not to. With all the ice cream, popsicles, and nighttime smores you could eat, it is very hard to maintain a healthy diet during the summer. An easy solution would be eating more fruit. Fruit will provide you with plenty of health benefits while also satisfying that sweet tooth.

Sierra’s Summer Suggestion: Freeze fruit and greek yogurt together for a sweet healthy snack you can keep with you at the beach.

Grind time is a must

The summer is filled with plenty of things you can do besides laying poolside getting your tan on (or, if you’re anything like me, laying bedside watching netflix). Find some time to get some exercise in so you can keep your body goals all summer long.

Sierra’s Summer Suggestion: Get some friends together and go hiking. It’ll be so fun, you’ll forget you’re exercising in the first place.

Stay on your sleep schedule

Even though for most people the summer is the perfect time to relax and sleep in, keep track of your sleep schedule. Yes, it’s okay to sleep in, but try not to throw off your sleep schedule too much. If you do, once the summer is over and you have to get back to work or school, you’ll feel awful until you start sleeping normally again.

Sierra’s Summer Suggestion: Set a time you want to go to bed every night and your body will naturally wake up at a good time in the morning. Avoid staying up past midnight!

Make YOU a priority

Although in the summer we typically want to go out and hang with friends or rack up on volunteer hours or maybe get ahead on classes, make sure you get some time to yourself. The summer is your time off, and you deserve a mental break from the chaos around you.

Sierra’s Summer Suggestion: Find a time in the day (30 minutes to an hour) where you can do something you enjoy alone. Try reading a book or cooking yourself lunch and eating outside.

Sierra is a sophomore majoring in Biomedical Science with a concentration in Pre-Physical Therapy. She wants to go to chiropractic school after she is done with undergrad. She's very focused on her studies, but when she has some free time, she loves to binge watch Netflix shows, hangout with friends, and go to school sporting events to cheer on her favorite team. War Eagle!