Look AND Feel Like A Super Woman: Gal Gadot’s Workout Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Israeli-born actress, Gal Gadot is known for her roles in The Fast and Furious series and most recently, Wonder Woman. Gal also served as a combat soldier in the Israeli Defense Force (talk about being a badass). For her role as Wonder Woman, she followed an intense workout regimen and eating plan that made her look and feel like a superhero.

We’ve got the scoop on what YOU can do to feel and look like the best version of yourself.

Health week is all about creating good habits and understanding that your body and mindset won’t change overnight. Gal Gadot’s transformation for Wonder Woman took 6 months of preparation. S0, remember to take baby steps and establish a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to take a mental note because Gal put on 14 pounds of muscle from this fitness routine and eating plan.

I guess the magic number is “6”? According to Gal’s interview with Kelly and Ryan, she trained and worked out SIX hours a day: “I did two hours gym work, two hours fight choreography, and two hours horseback riding. Which is super hard…”

Check out the full interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6vmlEkhCfo

Throughout her training routine, Gal incorporated cardio intervals such as high intensity rowing and full body workouts centered on increasing muscle and fitness for all the stunts she needed to perform on set! She also enjoyed martial art workouts to add variety to her workouts.

Gadot’s trainer, Hayley Bradley adds,  “Balance each meal with equal amounts of protein and greens, and to be wary of seemingly healthy choices like green juice, which can be highly caloric thanks to the large amounts of natural sugars in some fruits and veggies.” The diet is just as important as the exercise. How you fuel your body can dramatically influence performance and the effectiveness of your workouts.

Moreover, Gal sees food as fuel and an experience. Her BIGGEST health tip is to drink lots and lots of water. She believes that about a gallon a day makes you full, keeps you hydrated and allows you to perform at the highest level.

It’s pretty obvious that a proper balance between a healthy diet and mixing up your workouts can make you healthier, fitter  and stronger!

Via instagram @gal_gadot

Quotes from Elle and Delish

Picture from Reddit

My name is Alex Plavin and I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I am a sophomore at The University of Alabama (Roll Tide) pursuing a degree in Business Management with a passion for writing and entertainment news. I have an unhealthy obsession with binge-watching Netflix and Gossip Girl. I force my friends to watch my favorite Romcoms and any Zac Efron movie. I am always up to date on the latest news and have a tendency to know hundreds of random facts about anything and everything.
Kristen is a senior at The University of Alabama majoring in English and minoring in journalism and creative writing. She loves music festivals, reading, Alabama Football, and binge watching Food Network. She serves as Health Chair for the Beta Rho Chapter of Alpha Omega Epsilon. After graduation, she will be moving to Indianapolis to teach through Teach For America.