This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

When somebody passes away, people choose to mourn in their own way. When Prince passed away on 21st April 2016, although around the world people were grieving, people were also remembering and celebrating him. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Prince’s drummer Sheila E. said that, “I think the fans are doing what he would have wanted them to do, which is celebrate, celebrate his music and not mourn him, and have parties, because he loved to have parties.” 

What better way to celebrate the life and legacy of Prince with a Purple Rain cocktail? 

Ingredients Needed: 

Lemonade 

Chambord (or any raspberry/cherry flavoured alcoholic drink) 

Lime 

Ice 

Method:  

1) Put ice in a pitcher 

2) Add 4/5 shots of Chambord 

3) Fill the pitcher with lemonade 

4) Add slices of lime 

So raise a glass, sing, dance and have a party for Prince to keep his legacy living on. 

I'm in my fourth and final year studying journalism at Robert Gordon University but I write for Aberdeen University. Xoxo
Hi, I'm Rachel! I am currently pursuing a degree in English and Politics at UofA, graduating in 2016. I love all things pink, sparkly and pug related. Proud to be President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.