Inspired by American Thanksgiving: Sweet Potato Casserole

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

With American Thanksgiving just passed, we here in the U.K. were intrigued to find out a little about what the Americans eat on this holiday as we don’t celebrate here! So we turned to our gal Emily to introduce us to one of her Mom’s best loved recipes: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows. It definitely seems like an interesting flavour combination and we can’t wait to try it! It’s super yummy and ever so sweet, when you try this mouth-watering dish you’ll want to take a seat!

Ingredients Needed:

2-3 large sweet potatoes

1 Half stick of butter

½ -1 Cup of Brown Sugar (to taste)

Marshmallows to taste

Method:

1) Bake the sweet potato(s).

2) Take off peel.

3) Mash.

4) Add butter and brown sugar and Stir.

5) Put marshmallows on top of your mixture.

6) Brown in oven on a medium heat.

7) Leave to cool then scoop and enjoy with a smile!

What are your favourite Thanksgiving recipes? We’d love to try some more!

Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.