This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Guilt free brownies.

I have been struggling for months to find a yummy treat, that isn’t full of bad bleached sugars and processed badness. So after hours of browsing through my cook books, and the internet I found a recipe filled with all the goodness of naughty treats, but with none of the guilt of my usual brownies!

The ingredients

100g Dark Chocolate (at least 70% Cocoa Solids)

15g cocoa powder

75g golden caster sugar

75g light muscovado sugar

90g plain flour

90g 0% fat Greek yogurt or Greek style yogurt

¼ tsp of baking powder

1tsp of vanilla extract

The method:

1. Begin with melting your dark chocolate either in the microwave (for 20 seconds, then stir – and repeat until done) or you can do it on the hob over a pot of boiling water!

2. Then you should beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, add both the light muscovado sugar and the golden caster sugar to your eggs, and whisk until light.

3. Once your chocolate has cooled, add it to this mixture followed by the yogurt. Fold these two into the mixture until it looks all chocolatey and delicious.

4. Sift your flour into the mixture, ensuring there are no lumps and bumps!

5. Follow this with the addition of the baking powder, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.

6. Mix all of this up until it is all completely mixed together.

7. Instead of greasing my baking tin, I always use greaseproof paper to avoid adding extra oil and butter to the already pretty naughty treat. This makes it easier for taking the brownies out to cool (even though they are best gooey and warm!)…

8. Line your tin with the greaseproof paper and poor in your mixture.

9. Bake for 15 minutes – and to check that they are all cooked, pop a knife in and make sure it comes out clean!

I hope you like them as much as I do, and feel as guilt free as I do when I munch on them in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning!

Enjoy!

I am a 3rd year English and International Relations Student at the University of Aberdeen. My interests include, feminism, politics & animal rights. In my spare time I am a cheerleader, amateur cyclist, tattoo-getter, sofa-lover and novice knitter.
Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.