This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Anette’s mocha squares were a best seller at our recent bake sale for the Archie Foundation, so we just had to get her to share her amazing recipe so you all can make them at home! When your sweet tooth is going off like an alarm but you don’t want to go for the basic chocolate bar from the store, it’s always better to bake! When you bake it yourself, you can also convince yourself that you deserved it for all that hard effort you put in- double the enjoyment! One of everyone’s favourite desserts back home in Finland are these super easy Mocha Squares. Because autumn is the time to bake and keep your flat warm with the heat from the oven – I am sharing this recipe for everyone to try out!

Ingredients

Batter:

4 Eggs

250g Sugar (2,5dl)

200g Melted butter

200ml Milk (2dl)

500g Flour (5dl)

50g Cocoa powder (0.5dl)

1tbsp Baking powder

Frosting:

75g Melted butter

75ml Strong coffee (0.75dl)

400g Icing sugar (4dl)

50ml Cocoa powder (0.5dl)

Instructions

Batter:

1. Whisk the eggs and sugar into a foam like consistency

2. Measure and mix in the dry ingredients together

3. Pour the milk into the melted butter

4. Pour the dry ingredients and the milk-butter mixture into the egg-sugar foam

5. Mix the batter thoroughly and pour onto a baking sheet evenly

6. Bake for 15 minutes at 200°C

Frosting

1. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth

2. Pour onto the cake evenly and top with sprinkles if you want. Cut into squares and enjoy!

.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.