Most of us have a love/hate relationship with dieting. It starts off all well and good when we decide we’re gonna buckle down and be our best, healthiest self. But a few days in, all we can think about is how much we miss donuts. The struggle is real, and so is the hunger. These are some of our typical thoughts while on a diet.
1. This is the year I have a beach bod for spring break!
2. This isn’t so bad. I love salad!
3. What is kale?
4. I forgot how great fruit was.
5. This tastes like vomit.
6. I think my organs are starting to eat themselves.
7. I’ve been really good this week. I’m gonna treat myself.
*20 minutes later*
8. I’ll just work off the calories.
9. I. Hate. Running.
10. Wait, these pants are baggy. It’s working!
11. Damn, I look good!
12. I’m gonna treat myself again.
13. I guess I’ll never learn.
At the end of the day, trying to eat right and exercise is so awesome. But quit torturing yourself with green shakes and rations of almonds trying to lose weight. We think you look great already.