bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kaeng Raeng Products Review

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

The first few weeks of school are filled with unbridled liberty. Good ol’ fashioned American liberty that says you can eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because Congress declared pizza as a vegetable; It’s the same freedom that says a swig of vodka should kill mouth bacteria if you’re out of toothpaste. If you have reached a point in your life where your mind, body, and spirit are so mad at you that they plan a physiological intervention via bloating, mental fog, illness, and sluggishness, then it may be time to dial back the freedom, and start a cleanse.

Enter collective groan here. I know, I know. The effectiveness of a cleanse has gained a bad rep as a means for men and women to starve themselves, in addition to producing unnecessary crankiness. When starting a cleanse (for real), one should view this short period as a springboard that will launch you into a healthier, happier lifestyle– not a shortcut to weight loss. By replacing processed, refined foods, alcohol, and caffeine, with plant-based nutrition, the value of a cleanse in our indulgent, fast-paced society is indispensable.

The Kaeng Raeng All Natural Detox Program is comprised of three packets that can be made into smoothies or shakes that are to be eaten at regular mealtimes accompanied by snacks of raw veggies and fruits eaten between these “meals.” Since I am a wimp when it comes to mixing supplement powders with just water or non-dairy milk, I used these powders to thicken my smoothies. One mistake I made was using the Kaeng Raeng detox powder with an added scoop of Vega Protein and Greens, which left the smoothie tasting extremely gritty. To meet your protein requirements for the day, eat dark leafy greens and seeds when possible, or you can add them to your smoothie. One thing that’s really great about the powders is that they leave you feeling full longer than a regular fruit smoothie. Since I am an avid coffee drinker, I was skeptical that these smoothies would get me through my busy day of classes, work, and extracurriculars, but I was pleasantly surpirsed by how energized and satisfied I felt. 

To preserve the integrity of each flavor, I simply added frozen fruit that matched the main flavor profile of the packet. In the morning, I drank juu juu “into the blue,” and added one whole ripe banana, frozen blueberries, spinach, water, and a splash of orange juice. Around lunchtime, I tried reunn “joyful” mixed with frozen strawberries, raspberries, and pineapple chunks, and a banana. At dinner, I made myself the last smoothie of the day by blending glai roong “daybreak” with  frozen mango, peaches, pineapple chunks, and a banana. The next day I found myself feeling exceptionally energized, focused, and in a great mood. Although I only did the cleanse for one day, Kaeng Raeng offers a 3 Day and 6 Day Program which can be purchased here.

While we are on the topic of energy levels, I have to talk about my favorite product of the bunch: The Daily Green Energy

The morning I first tried it, I added it into a green smoothie of spinach, baby kale, frozen berries, orange juice, and a banana. I had only slept for two hours after pulling an all-nighter to complete my research paper. That morning, I had to present the research I collected to my peers, and could barely keep my eyes open or my mind focused. Since I pounded two large iced mochas from Dutch Bros the night before, and felt like death in the morning, coffee was the last thing I wanted to drink. The Daily Green Energy is caffeine free, loaded with B vitamins, probiotics, and superfoods to help you feel awake without the any of the jitters. After drinking my smoothie, I went from feeling like this…

….to this.

I gave my presentation, and lived to tell the tale. Thanks, Daily Green Energy!

Last, but certainly not least, I was able to try out Kaeng Raeng’s Detoxfoliant Body Scrub.

This is a great product that leaves your legs feeling silky for days without any lotion. The scrub is comprised of all-natural, incredibly nourishing ingredients such as: Organic Shea Butter, Organic Apricot Kernel Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, and Vanilla Absolute Essential Oil. For me, the most dominant smell in the product was the lavender essential oil, which I loved; if you prefer a product with more vanilla notes, this scrub’s scent may be too subtle for you. During the days which I am motivated to shave my legs, this scrub is a great way to extend the length of my shave, (which is awesome for lazy girls like me).While I may not be a born again detoxer, I have to admit these products from Kaeng Raeng made a positive difference in how my body felt, and I would definitely be willing to purchase them in the future. To save all you thrifty college students some money, Kaeng Raeng was nice enough to give us a 15% off promo code. Until November 15th, use the code HERCAMPUS15 at check out! 

Nora is an English Major at UC Davis who loves Game of Thrones, black coffee, female empowerment, corgis, puns, and the smell of old books. She strives to radiate positive energy to those around her, and to learn something new every day.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!