stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Weekly Wellness: Week #6

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Ladies….we made it. SPRING BREAK! After 8 grueling weeks we have finally arrived at our little semester break in which we can prance around on sunny beaches or spend some good quality time with family (feel free to sub family with Netflix).  Hopefully you’ve been keeping clean with the eats and busy with the feets. Due to the clean-out-the-fridge eating habits I’ve had this week, my eats have been less than thrilling, but I do have some great workouts (and snapshots) to share!

FOOD FOOD FOOD:

Like I mentioned, my meals haven’t been too innovative, but I did have a couple yummy creations I want to share and I also stumbled across some AWESOME recipes on the web.

1. Mexican-Inspired Chicken Wrap
  • 1 whole-wheat wrap
  • 2 tbs Wholly Guacamole
  • 3 oz. chicken (feel free to sub with black beans, veggie burger, or whatever other protein source)
  • 1/4 cup bell peppers chopped small
  • 2 tbs salsa
  • handful of spinach or shredded lettuce 

–> Simply spread the guacamole onto the wrap and then pile on the spinach, chicken, bell peppers, salsa and then wrap it all up and ENJOY! (and grapes on the side because, yum).

2. So, like, I said, nothing too exciting going on here, but delicious fuel nonetheless. If you’re feeling a little more inspired/have some more ingredients on hand be sure to check out these link to recipes below!

SWEAT IT OUT

This past week I’ve switched up my workouts a little from the usual and have really enjoyed the different challenges that have presented themselves!

1. I spent a little time at home this weekend and was lucky enough to convice my dad to try out a hot yoga class with me. I’ve done these before, but it was fun to see my dad try to keep his cool (literally) as we moved through each pose in the intensely heated room.

A little post-yoga selfie as we perused the beautiful land that is Whole Foods:

2. After a lazy sunday I headed into the gym on Monday with a body full of motivation, but a mind a little fogged over by the Monday blues. I completed a few miles on                the treadmill and then met up with our lovely HC OSU president to do one of the fitness classes, Simply Strength. This strength training class was absolutely not “simple”, though.The instructor pushed us though a variety of full body strength moves and boy were we feeling the BURN by the end of this. I really really liked the challenge this class provided and will definitely be a more frequent visitor! 

Shameless selfie of Natalie and I post-muscle death:

3. Wednessday I headed over to the RPAC for another group fitness class, TRX. I’ve mentioned this class before and it’s definitely a great class when you’re looking to                   mix things up! I did the 5:30 class and I loved the high energy of the instructor! 

4. Thursday called for an early morning workout in which I completed my favorite eliptical workout (which is saying a lot because I do NOT like the eliptical) that I’ve posted before, http://www.fitsugar.com/30-Minute-Elliptical-Workout-Intervals-5462832. I followed that with a full-body circuit to get in some last minute strength training before I reveal it all in a bathing suit this next week. 

This circuit workout is ten moves to be performed right in a row with no (or very little) rest in between and to be cycled through three times total —

• Bicep curls (10-15 reps)
  • Static lunges (15 each leg) **added challenge –> do the lunges with weights
  • Squat with lateral leg raise (10 each leg)
  • Overhead press (12 reps)
  • Courtsey lunge (15 each leg)
  • Calf raises with weights (30)
  • Push-ups (10)
  • Plank with knee tuck (10 reps — right leg in, left leg in = 1 rep)
  • Supermans (15)
  • Leg lifts (25)
  • **added challenge: 1 min cardio of choice in between each circuit (ex: jumping jacks, jump rope, burpees, mountain climbers, etc!)

Hope you girls have an awesome week-long break and you’ll hear more of me once we’re back in the shining city of Columbus!