This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Week 6! We’re getting so close to the halfway point in the semester (and Spring Break……woof)! Hopefully you’re keeping true to your fitness routine and trying some new recipes made available by these weekly posts! 

A day of eats:

Here’s a day of some food eaten by yours truly—every day isn’t this put together and sometimes a Healthy Choice frozen dinner has to make do, a piece of fruit has to be lunch, and a milkshake might sneak its way into the equation, but this is sort of what I’m eating on a regular basis!

Breakfast:

Typically, it’s overnight oats, actually.  This Wednesday, though, I didn’t have any prepared, but was craving something of similar taste and texture, so I whipped up this little dish:

Quinoa-Yogurt-Fruit Bowl (so, the name could use some work…)

• About 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 container of plain non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 banana
  • a handful of blueberries
  • all topped with some sugar-free maple syrup that gets swirled in
  • **optional: 1 packet of sweetener of your choice (Truvia is my personal favorite!)

Lunch:

Lunch was enjoyed on campus this day, so I made something that was easily packed, but still nutritious and filling.

Chicken Hummus Feta Wrap

• 1 whole-wheat wrap (Flat-Out Wraps are the bomb!)
  • 2 tbsp hummus
  • 3 oz chicken
  • a handful of spinach
  • a few slices of zucchini
  • about ¼ cup of fat-free/reduced-fat feta cheese

I also enjoyed a DELISH Chobani pear-flavored greek yogurt. And obviously a square of dark chocolate rounded off the meal. What is life without dark chocolate?

Dinner:

Wednesdays are my loooong days–class until 4:00 PM followed by a workout and sauna time gets me home somewhere between 6:00 and 7:00 PM. So, on these days I often gravitate toward meals that require some-to-zero effort. The one listed below is an old stand-by, but never disappoints!

Sweet Potato Mess

• 1 medium sweet potato chopped up (microwaving saves me time and effort on these hectic days)
  • a little less than a ½ cup black beans
  • ½ cup egg whites (from the carton)
  • a few steamed brussel sprouts
  • all generously topped with some Sriracha sauce

Work it out:

Super hectic week for me (ugh, I know, excuses, excuses), but I did check out one new class that I definitely would suggest!

• This Thursday morning, I trekked over to the RPAC for an 8:00 AM fitness class, TRX. If you’re unfamiliar with it, it’s a type of workout that uses straps suspended from a structure for which you use your body weight to challenge and strengthen your muscles. It was such a fun class! The instructor incorporated not only tough and effective strength training exercises, but also some quick bursts of cardio with and without the straps. This is a newer class that is offered at a bunch of different times, so switch up your workout and give it a try ASAP! 
  • All my other work outs this week focused on running (still on the treadmill, ugh) because I am trying to get myself ready to start a real training plan for the Columbus Cap City Half-Marathon in May!