5 Self-Care Tips to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Finals week is the most stressful and terrifying week of the semester (besides registration week). It can be really easy to forget to take care of yourself while you’ve buried under piles of work and the weight of exams. Here are a few self-care tips to help keep you healthy (and sane) during finals.

1. Make a to-do list

Writing all of the things you need to down is self-care in itself. To-do lists help clear your mind and once everything is written down, you already feel as though you have accomplished something.Via Giphy

2. Watch your favorite Christmas movie

Christmas time has arrived and now is the perfect time to snuggle up with your favorite blanket and some hot chocolate and indulge in a Christmas classic.Via Giphy

3. Binge-watch your favorite show

As a procrastination queen, this is something I know I shouldn’t do, but always find myself doing. A few episodes of Sex and The City in between assignments won’t hurt! Just make sure it’s on the to-do list.Via Giphy

Related: 6 Reasons To Be Single During the Holidays

4. Take a breath…

Finals can become rough, but simply taking five minutes to yourself to take a deep breath can be a tremendous help.Via Giphy

5. Hang out with your friends!

When you are stressed out isolation might seem like the best option, but now is a great time to be with your friends. This may be the last time that you all can hang out for a month, so take advantage of it. Gather together and study or have a wine night, you’ll be surprised how much it helps!Via Giphy

Although “pain is temporary and GPA is forever”, your mental health important and necessary to thrive. Take care of yourselves collegiettes and good luck on finals!

Angelica Walker

George Mason University

Angelica is a Junior Communications major from Lynchburg, VA. She has a concentration in Public Relations and one day hopes to work for the NBA. She is also pursuing a double minor in Sports Communication and African and African American Studies. She is Vice President of the Black Student Alliance and is also a Mason Ambassador.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com