kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Ways to Keep the Pounds Off this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

Surprise! Daylight savings time hit us like a ton of bricks but it’s fine, we’re fine. We’ve been good at drinking our water (obviously) and we came back from spring break feeling more motivated than ever. To make sure we don’t backslide and that we keep those pounds off, check out four of my favorite ways to keep the pounds off this spring!

Photo courtesy of Bruce Mars 

1. Spring Cleaning

The first thing I did when I got back from spring break was cleared my dorm room of any and every snack that would stand in the way of any fitness goals I have this year. After emptying my fridge and starting with a blank canvas, I went grocery shopping and picked up some healthy dorm room foods! Accountability is so important and by eliminating all of the foods that might hold me back, I’m already three steps ahead.

2. Staying Hydrated

Last semester I bought a liter-sized water bottle. I take it with me everywhere I go and by doing this, I’m making sure to stay hydrated at all times. There are literally a million articles you can read about why water is so important for a healthy body and how it can help with weight loss.

3. Tweaking your routine

Although daylight savings is upon us it doesn’t mean we have to change up our daily routines, but if it works in your favor, then why not? I’ve been trying out waking up at 6 am and getting my morning started even earlier with a workout, and it has tremendously improved my mood! With working out in the morning, you are more likely to be more conscious of the foods you’re eating throughout the day!

4. Stepping out of your comfort zone

Don’t be afraid to try something new and different. Every day I’m on YouTube looking up new workouts and recipes to try and you can too! Just like with every other health and fitness article I write, I 10/10 recommend checking out Whitney Simmons on YouTube!

If all else fails, we can try again next year.

Karina Lee

Carthage '19

Karina is a senior at Carthage College majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Urban Education. She is a Kenosha, WI native who hasn't experienced anything other than life on the lake! She is a Senior Resident Assistant on campus and Vice President of the Black Student Union. When she finds free time, she enjoys lifting weights, creating YouTube videos on beauty, health, and lifestyle and spending time binge watching The Office.