summer girl hawaii yoga hiking exercise view high res version
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
Wellness

How to Get Back into a Healthy Lifestyle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

With being in the middle of a pandemic, our lifestyles can take a toll for the worse. As we become stuck in our homes, we develop bad habits. To start, we go from putting in our steps at work to lying in bed all day while we complete our work on the computer. Binge-watching Netflix and scrolling through social media for hours can affect our mental health as well. To go with those intriguing movies, people try new delicious desserts they found on Pinterest. All of these bad habits we’ve initiated in quarantine can be improved in so many ways.

Get that daily walk in.

The best way to get in some of your steps is taking a walk. I’m not the type of person to go to the gym 7 days a week, but I do enjoy a good walk. I go to my local park and walk a couple of laps just to catch some fresh air, feel better about myself, and participate in some physical activity. The next time you catch yourself lying in bed doing work all day, think about taking a walk to stay healthy and in shape! 

Start meditating, I promise it’ll help!

Did you ever think that meditation could help you feel relaxed and clear your mind? I never thought it could, but since quarantine started, I found myself engaging in more meditation. It all started when I realized all the stress and headaches I was getting from staring at the tv, computer screen, and scrolling through social media for hours. Taking part in meditating will ease your mind and relieve any stress on your body. Try it, you’ll see what I mean!

Eat those veggies and fruit.

After all those desserts you learned to bake in quarantine, get back into healthy eating with fruits and vegetables. Just like most people, I don’t like very many fruits and veggies, but I devour the ones that I love. My favorite vegetable snack is cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta cheese, and light Italian dressing. It’s a great snack because it’s not just plain boring vegetables in a bowl. It’s a party in your mouth!

Julianna Scoville

Youngstown '23

I'm Julianna and I'm a sophomore at Youngstown State University majoring in Early Childhood Education and Intervention Specialist. Aside from Her Campus, I'm also apart of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority.