This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The holidays are fast approaching and what’s a proper holiday without yummy treats? This week, I made some delicious chocolate vegan cupcakes, recipe by Those Rosie Days on Youtube, and chocolate reindeer pretzels and I wanted to share these delish desserts with you.

Source: joyofbaking.com

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

This recipe is made to bake six cupcakes. If you want to make double the batch, just double the ingredients.

Batter ingredients:

• 100 grams plain flour

• 100g Castor sugar or regular sugar

• 2 tbsp cocoa powder

• 3 tbsp vegetable oil

• 125 ml water

• 1 tsp bicarbonate soda

• 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar

When mixing your batter, be sure to add all your dry ingredients in a bowl first: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and bicarbonate soda. After the dry ingredients are mixed together, add the wet ingredients and stir until you get a thick consistency.     

Icing ingredients:

• 300 grams icing sugar

• 100 grams dairy free butter

• 3 tbsp cocoa powder

• 1 tsp of vanilla extract  

Begin by mixing your butter and slowly start adding your icing sugar until consistency is thick. Once completed, add the other ingredients and mix.

Source: simpleasthatblog.com

Chocolate Reindeer Pretzels

Ingredients:

• Chocolate

• Pretzels

• M&Ms

• Candy eyes

Begin by melting your favorite chocolate. Once the chocolate has melted, dip your pretzels in the mixture and lay them flat on parchment paper. Let them cool in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.

After taking the pretzels out of the fridge, add a red nose using a Smartie or any red candy and two eyes. Take another pretzel and break off two pieces for the antlers. Attach all these items with icing or some of the melted chocolate used previous and leave it in the fridge to cool for eating! You can add the candy before the pretzels are left to cool in the fridge as well. 

Try one of these treats for the holidays and share with your friends or family!  

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.