This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Feimoon is one of our newest and most vibrant members at Her Campus! Her outgoing personality makes her a perfect fit for our social media team. Her ambition has also led her to pursue writing with us. Look out for her weekly articles on a wide range of topics like friends, beauty, and much more to come! If you want to learn more about Feimoon, give her profile a read!

Name: Feimoon Choy Age: 19 years old Year & Program: Communications Studies, Year 2 HCYU Position: Social Media General Member and Writer Hometown: Spruce Grove, Alberta

What extracurriculars are you involved in besides Her Campus?

I am an Executive Member in the sorority Delta Psi Delta. There, I plan socials, build relations,  and a sense of community. We also do a lot of philanthropy work for MS Society, Food Banks and Women’s Shelters.

I am also in the Communications Studies Students Association (CSSA). In CSSA, I am the Media Relations and Partnership director which is an exec position. I help plan club events and promote our club. Clubs have added so much to my university experience.

What made you want to get involved in Her Campus York U?

Well, I really liked the idea of an online magazine for women on campus. I also wanted to develop my writing and social media skills.

What is one thing you miss about home?

Definitely my family.

What are your interests off of campus?

I like to go shopping in my free time. I also like going to restaurants with my friends downtown. I get ice cream a lot! I have already been to almost all of  the popular spots downtown!

What is your favourite restaurant?

Joey is my go to. I go often with my friends and they have it everywhere including Alberta!

If you could give your first year self advice, what would it be?

I would definitely tell myself to study more. I feel like I underestimated the amount of work I was going to have. Also, I would tell myself to make more time to just relax.  

How would your friends describe your personality?

They would say something about how I am bold and confident. I also laugh a lot, so probably cheery and happy. Actually, just extra is the vibe I give.

What is one struggle you’ve faced in university?

Every day has its own different struggle or obstacle to tackle. But the greatest struggle is managing my time.

If you could leave your mark on the world what would you want to be known for? Why?

I would want to be known for my positivity and for always giving 100% of my effort in things I am doing. I feel like in a world full of negativity, it’s important for me to embrace the good parts of life and to be proud of the things I’m doing.

What is something hardly anybody knows about you?

This is a tough question because I’m such an open person. Some people may know this but, I have only been on two first dates. Ironically both of them were in the same place, although I didn’t plan for that to happen. It was a nice coffee shop in Spruce Grove.

Are you more like your mom or your dad?

Well, I look exactly like my dad but my personality is a lot more like my mom. We are both very passionate people. My mom is super hard working and I aspire to be like that. My mom is a giving person, and I like to hope I am too.

Some people call you Moana, is she your favourite Disney princess?

Haha. Yes I have been called Moana several times. Thinking about it now, I wouldn’t say I have a favourite but I do love her a lot. Her story doesn’t have the typical Disney plotline because she is not looking for love, instead she wants to be an adventurer. So I love that message and the movie has a great soundtrack!  

Who is someone you look up to in your life? Why?

Someone I look up to recently is Rihanna. She has become a boss businesswoman and a fashion icon. I feel like she gives off the attitude that she doesn’t care about what people think, which I love.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose? Why?

It would for sure be New York City. I really love city life. New York has a great culture, amazing food, and awesome Broadway shows. It just seems like it would be a really exciting and fast paced environment to be in!

What is something you always wished you were good at?

Something I want to be better at has always been sports. I am not really good at any of them. Whether it’s baseball, basketball, volleyball, or soccer I have no ability in it. I wish I was cooler in that way.

Interested in joining a group of cool girls like Feimoon? Her Campus is now accepting applications! Click one of our links below to contact us or send in your application. We are always looking to expand our community and this could mean YOU!

Email: york-u@hercampus.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hcyorku/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hcyorku/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hcyorku/

All photos are courtesy of Feimoon Choy.

Emily Moore

York U '20

Former Western Sociology student turned York Professional Writer. Writing is so special because it allows me to be vulnerable and to connect with others. I'm always looking for adventure and new experiences! I caught the travel bug whilst spending a summer in Europe in 2014. I am perpetually torn between team cat and dog. And I am most defintely black tea over coffee.
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.