This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

I have been writing for Her Campus at York U for about four years now starting from my first year at York University as an undergraduate student.

I remember walking by the HC York U stand at the club fair in my first year with the new friends I had made during Frosh week. We all decided to sign up for HC, but I believe I was the only one who actually followed through and decided to apply for a position as a writer. Writing has always been the best way for me to let my emotions out when all else fails. So, when I saw the opportunity to write on a regular basis about anything that mattered to me, I took it.

Her Campus gave me an opportunity to hold onto a passion that is dear to me. This club gave me an opportunity to express myself effortlessly about a variety of topics without being judged. 

Being able to write for Her Campus at York U provided me with an immediate feeling of pride and authenticity, in a world where I feel most things only provide me with a supposed sense of delayed gratification. I find that often times, we get so wrapped up in our daily tasks and obligations, that we tend to forget why we are doing them in the first place. Having a platform where I could express myself, gave me an opportunity to step back and take control of my life.

As I write my very last article, I want to thank Her Campus at York U for being the one constant thing in my life for the past four years that made me feel connected to my true self. I write my last article  with the hope that I continue to write as I close and begin every new chapter.

It's me, Mojan. I'm a psychology major, currently also minoring in philosophy. I've always had a strong passion for writing so I'm glad that HerCampus has given me the opportunity to be able to share my thoughts and experiences with people.