This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The holidays are near which means so are annual holiday dinners. Are you stuck on what to bring to your family dinners this year? Well, if baking is one of your favorite hobbies, there are a variety of Christmas cookies you can make and share with your loved ones. You can leave some for Santa too (if there’s any left)!  

Soft Frosted Holiday Sprinkles Cookies

Sprinkles is always a great addition when it comes to baking. Chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet go great with this recipe. You can make snowman shaped cookies or reindeer cookies. To look at the recipe click here.

Photo by Pixabay

Eggnog Snickerdoodles​

I am a HUGE fan of eggnog! Adding it to baking is a great way to make my friends and family love eggnog too. Lil Luna has the recipe to create these delicious cookies.

Photo by David Bares

White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies

White chocolate gives just the right amount of sweetness to any baked sweets! I love this idea because adding candy gives an extra kick to the no chill-dough. Go to Liv For Cake for the recipe.

Photo by Brigitte Tohm

Cake Mix Cookies

Dinner At The Zoo has a recipe for these cake mix cookies. You can make it with red velvet, German chocolate, vanilla, and (my favorite) rainbow cake.

Photo by Moose Photos

Chocolate Kiss Cookies

Ever tried a chocolatey, sprinkled rolled cookie with a Hershey’s Kisses in the middle? Two Peas and Their Pod has the recipe for that! You can make it with different flavors like vanilla and double chocolate. This will definitely be a holiday favorite.

Photo by Madison Kaminski

There are a lot of other cookies to bake for Christmas. Take a look on Pinterest to get more ideas on what to bring to your dinners for dessert. There are tons of DIY projects you can do this season. I hope everyone has a great winter break and, most importantly, good luck on exams!

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.