The Challenges of Being A Writer (While In University)

In University, I have found it quite difficult to really sit down and write. I’m in my fourth year now so I have gotten better with it, but I know that I’m not the only one that struggles with being creative during school.

Here are the challenges that writers face in University:

Not Having Enough Time

When I’m in school, I have a hard time prioritizing my creative endeavors over my school work. I need to get good grades, but I also need to focus on myself, and writing makes me a happier person.

keeping up with the kardashians khloe kardashian kuwtk jenner GIF

Photo via GIPHY

Feeling Guilty For Writing

When I do sit down and write, I instantly feel guilty. Shouldn’t I be finishing up that assignment that’s due in a few days?

guilty GIF

Photo via GIPHY

Being Stressed Results in Terrible Writing

My writing is not as good when I’m in school. Being stressed out can really impact the quality of your work. I constantly have a swarm of a million things in my head that I need to get done, which makes it hard to focus.

stress margarita stressed out need a drink GIF

Photo via GIPHY

Not Making Time For Reading

Great writers read a lot. I love reading, but during school it can be difficult to prioritize the books that you want to read versus the books you should be reading for your classes.

static book GIF

Photo via GIPHY

Those are just some of the challenges that I go through on a daily basis with my writing. I am still working through them and trying to push myself into a more well-rounded routine, instead of just focusing on school.