This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

With spring right around the corner, it looks like major makeup brands are here to make sure us makeup lovers are happy! That’s the thing with makeup, there are so many new products to try. You can constantly update your vision on what it is that you want to play and experiment with. I, for one, am quite guilty of spending multiple paychecks at Sephora on new makeup and if you’re anything like me, keep reading! Here is a list of new makeup products launching this spring!

Colourpop Lux Blur Lipstick

Colourpop’s dedication to offering every lip color in every finish at a super affordable price has triumphed once more with their new Lux Blur Lipsticks. There are 16 shades of this long-wearing, soft, matte formula that feels almost like a priming balm that fills in every crevice of your lips for full color payoff. It applies rather opaquely so if you want a really hazy and truly blurred finish, just dab it on or blur with your fingers. These lipstick come in at only $7 and is sure to last all day! Find it here.

Photo via Colourpop

M.A.C in Monochrome

M.A.C loves to pay homage to its bestselling lipstick shades, and now they’re giving those shades more facial real estate to cover with monochrome offerings for the shades Ruby Woo, Candy Yum Yum, Velvet Teddy, See Sheer, Diva and Heroine. Each shade, on top of the existing lipstick shade (in revamped packaging, no less), will now include a powder blush ($24), a frost and a matte eye shadow single ($17), a loose glitter ($20), and a lipglass ($17.50). Shop the collection here.

Photo via M.A.C Cosmetics

Urban Decay Brow Collection

Urban Decay is the master of eye shadow palettes but has been fairly modest about launching brow products, comparatively. Until now. This year, we’re getting a bunch of them in the form of Brow Blade ($26), a dual-ended waterproof pencil and ink tint; Brow Endowed ($28), a two-sided primer and volumizing gel tint; and Brow Finish ($21), a waterproof setting gel. You don’t have to use them in conjunction but imagine if you did, you could have brows worthy of a museum.

Photo via Urban Decay

Shape Tape Collection

The cult favorite Shape Tape Concealer is getting a family of products to further perfect your complexion. Tarte has already released their new Shape Tape Foundation and it sold out almost immediately, so these new launches are in great anticipation. There’s Base Tape ($30), a moisturizing priming lotion; Shape Tape Pore & Prime Balm ($25), a priming balm; and 15 shades of Shape Tape Pressed Powder ($32) to set your makeup once you’re layered up.

Photo via Ulta

YSL Beauté Volupté Plump-In-Colour

When it comes to luxury lip balm, YSL Beauté’s newest is this adorable heart-stamped tube of plumping lip tint. The balm feels super moist and leaves a tinted, glossy finish available in six shades. The black heart in the center is filled with peppermint oil and black pearl powder for that refreshing, tingling sensation and to add a bit more shine. This balm comes in at $39 but what can be expected from such luxury makeup like YSL? Shop the new balm here.

Photo via Nordstrom

Anastasia Beverly Hills Riviera

No one does eyeshadow better than ABH, their iconic Modern Renaissance palette was the staple of all makeup gurus in fall 2017. Now, ABH is ready to take over spring 2019 as well! The new Riviera palette is seen as having a wide array of warm and cool toned bright mattes and shimmers; the possibilities with this palette are endless. This palette comes in at $56, which is around the range of all their palettes that have yet to disappoint! Shop the palette here.

Photo via Anastasia Beverly Hills

Spring is a great time to experiment and to try new products that are different from the dark and cool tones we’ve been using all fall and winter. Plus, with each new launch, it’s always cool to see what new innovations beauty brands come up with to improve on a formula or design and this spring seems to be better than ever!

Just your average girl writing about some above average content 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.