This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Crystals are extremely energetic and each one is unique with special properties that can be used for specific purposes. It’s said that crystals have unique vibrations that can help release mental, physical and spiritual blockages. If you place a crystal directly on your body, its energy can surge from it which then enables the free flow of positive energy throughout your body. If you know how to handle crystals and use their energies, they can improve your life and help you achieve harmony. You can buy crystals either in its raw form or in jewelry pieces like bracelets and pendants. These eight beautiful crystals each have very positive meanings and can help with various aspects of your life such as love, memory, self-control, strength and self-confidence.

Amethyst

This crystal is said to have a relaxing energy that can help you with intuition and divine connection. Amethysts are also supposed to help you feel calmer. If you ever feel stressed, just touch an amethyst stone and you’ll feel relaxed in no time.

A post shared by Mystico Crystals (@mystico_crystals) on

Rose Quartz

If love is what you’re looking for, then rose quartz is the crystal for you! This stone is said to help with love, peace and emotional healing. It’ll help open your heart to love, whether that’s romantic, platonic or self-love.

A post shared by Anna Cameau (@ozobubbly) on

Moonstone

The moonstone is perfect for you if you’re looking to connect with your inner goddess. This stone represents dreams, mystery and self-discovery. Moonstones are also said to help bring positivity when new beginnings start.

A post shared by Lizzie Bowersox (@simplyboldmetalsmith) on

Tiger’s Eye

This green stone represents courage and balance. It can bring on great personal power and help you with balancing your emotions. Just like a tiger, this stone gives off a fierce energy and will give you strength.

Fluorite

Fluorite is said to improve decision-making, enhance focus and bring on tranquility. It’s an absorbent crystal that can neutralize negativity, helping clear your mind and focus on what’s important.

Onyx

This dark stone will help bring out your inner strength and will bring balance to your life, giving you the chance to breathe.

A post shared by Nikki Rees (@nrjewellerydesign) on

Labradorite

This mystical stone is said to have a magical energy that can bring curiosity and illumination into your life. It’s a beautiful gemstone that even has color changing properties.

Lapis Lazuli

This beautiful blue stone can help you with communication and truthfulness. It’s also a stone that represents wisdom, meaning it can bring you awareness on various aspects of your life.

A post shared by  CRYSTALS & ACCESSORIES  (@contempocrystals) on

If you love any of these crystals but don’t know where to purchase them, don’t worry! There are a ton of stores that sell crystals and gemstone jewelry. If you live in Toronto, you can visit Gifts From The Earth, The Rock Store and Happy Soul. If you feel like doing a bit of online shopping then check out these stores for beautiful crystals: The Gem Goddess, Moon Magic Jewelry and Energy Muse.

Melissa is a fifth-year student in Communications and Psychology at Glendon College (York University). She enjoys reading, writing, going shopping and watching reality television shows with her friends. Her dream is to work in entertainment PR and to live in London, England.   
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.