This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

This versatile Biscoff pecan crumble can elevate any dessert experience! Swap out the traditional graham cracker crust in your cheesecake for this elevated alternative. Sprinkle it on top of your favorite desserts for added texture and flavor, or layer it over cobblers for a delectable twist. Unleash your culinary creativity with this Biscoff pecan crumble!

Do note that I did write this recipe to go specifically with my Carrot Cake recipe. Check out the recipe HERE.

Ingredients

• 1 3/4 cups Biscoff cookie crumbs
  • ½ cup crushed toasted pecans 
  • 3 Tbsp brown sugar (63 grams)
  • 4 Tbsp salted butter 
  • 2 teaspoons Cinnamon 
  • ½ teaspoon Allspice 
  • ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg 
  • ½ teaspoon salt

Instructions

1. Place cookies in a food processor, and process until you have a mixture of finely ground and coarse crumbs. The coarse crumbs will give a delicious crunch and texture. 
  2.  In a medium bowl combine the crumbs and melted browned butter and mix until crumbs are evenly moistened.
  3.  If you are making a cake, press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with your fingers to form an even layer. For cupcakes, press a layer of crumble at the bottom of the liners. 
  4. Place in the freezer or fridge to set while you make the cake or filling. 
Maddie is the Yale's Campus Correspondent/ President. She is a physics and East Asian studies major. Passionate about all forms of creating, Maddie spends her time writing, drawing, and playing piano. With a multitude of hobbies, Maddie enjoys long distance running, reading, speed talking, jewelry making, and recipe writing. Fun fact: Maddie used to be a wedding calligrapher!