This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

We won’t tell your secret if you don’t tell ours. YouTube is a treasure trove of videos for every niche market, and when it comes to calm clips to pass the time, they’ve got it covered. The gross, the bizarre, the genuinely peaceful, here is a list of channels that got your back when it’s time to sit down and relax.

1. Dr. Sandra Lee (aka Dr. Pimple Popper)

Dr. Sandra Lee has been around for a while. Everyone has a memory of someone in school shoving one of her videos in their face and telling them to watch how gross it is. On a calmer scale, Dr. Pimple Popper offers a playlist solely focused on black and white heads that keeps the ick factor to a minimum, and gives viewers the feeling of satisfaction that they crave. 

2. The Meticulous Manicurist Nail Tutorials

Thick nails, gross nails, ingrown nails, and more are all part of the job for Lori Halloway who films and discusses her work. Her videos are educational tutorials for those who want to learn more about being a nail technician, but there’s also something satisfying about watching Lori remove dead skin and get her clients looking their best.

3. PsycheTruth

PsycheTruth offers more than just massages with Athena Jezik; their whole channel is based around health and wellness. The calm music and gentle voice of Athena is what will pull you into her videos, however, as she massages her models and discusses different techniques. Watching the muscle movement and her deft hands is enough to make anyone feel relaxed and satisfied.

4. Safiya Nygaard

You ever sit back and think about all of those ads on social media? All of the ones that are reportedly tailed just for you? Safiya has a whole collection of videos where she satisfies your want and curiosity by shopping ads and reporting back on what she finds. From celeb promos, to Instagram clothes, to those weird Facebook ads in the sidebar, be curious no more.

5. How It’s Made

There are some very specific machines in the world. And those machines were made to satisfy your unknown desire of watching how gumballs are made. Or marshmallows, or popcorn. Discovery Channel’s How It’s Made takes viewers into the factories to find out just how their everyday products are produced. With a calm voice narrating the experience, learning more about crayons, car engines, and Coca-Cola has never been better.

Amber Lauzé is a senior Entrepreneurial Studies and Management double major from Auburn, Maine. When not writing for HCXU, she can found at one of her many jobs, or hunting for her cat that likes to hide in blankets.