stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Cardio Music Mix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Spring break is finally upon us, and with warm weather comes the desire to look and feel good in our swimsuits. Some of us begin our brand new workout regimens in January while others (including myself) fall away in a few weeks’ time or get a late start. No matter your situation, it doesn’t matter! It’s never too late to begin the journey to a more beautiful you. A fun cardio plan will get your heart pumping and will allow the toned, more confident you to emerge.

Put this cardio mix to use when on the treadmill. Begin with the warm up, increase your speed when the song tempos speed up and take breaks as they come. If you’re just beginning your running plan, choose paces that you can maintain for the allotted time. Consider increasing the incline to get those runner’s calves that look so nice in heels. (Also consider purchasing the edited versions of some of these songs!)

Motivation: think of the confidence you’ll have on the beach this year. Remember the cuties who hang poolside. If you’ve overcome a significant event in your life, channel that positive energy through the song choice and your Nikes. You’ve got this! Let’s begin.

Warm up – 7:18
1. It’s Time – Imagine Dragons
2. The (Shipped) Gold Standard – Fall Out Boy

Begin running – 15:39
3. Take You – Justin Bieber
4. Blinded (When I See You) – Third Eye Blind
5. 25 to Life – Eminem
6. In The End – Linkin Park 

Relax – 14:29
7. Here I Am – Nicki Minaj
8. Matter of Time – Cartel
9. Best Thing I Never Had – Beyoncé
10. Into Your Arms – The Maine 

Start running – 11:25
11. Contagious – Trapt
12. Breathing – Yellowcard
13. Holdin’ it Down for the Underground – A Day to Remember

Cool down – 12:05
14. The Rescue – Tyler Ward
15. You Are More – Tenth Avenue North
16. This is Your Life – Switchfoot 

TOTAL = 60:56

Complete this plan 2-3 times a week while mixing in your other favorite workouts. You’ll see quick results! Bonus points are awarded if you figure out the hidden storyline among the songs.

What are you waiting for? Let’s get to it!

Photo Credit:

getinshapeforfree.net
womenshealthmag.com

Ashley Young, a native of Hurricane, W.Va., is more than just your typical college senior. She spent last summer interning with Thomas Nelson Publishers, the world's largest Christian publishing company (also America's sixth largest), and she's currently a features intern at Seventeen Magazine in NYC. She even lives in Manhattan! Ashley's also an oil painter, a lover of laughter, and she's engaged. Readers can gladly keep up with her day-to-day happenings by following @AshleyIsYoung on Twitter and Instagram.