Eating healthy can often times be a challenge—especially since pizza and ice cream exist. Whether you are trying to stick to a New Year’s resolution, or busy prepping for Spring Break, here are 5 creative and yummy recipes that will help you commit to being healthy!
Mason Jar Salads
Recipe from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Guacamole Recipe Here
Sautéed Red and Green Peppers
Sautéed Onions (lightly in extra-virgin olive oil or oil of choice),
Shrimp (seasoned with paprika, garlic granules, chili powder, cayenne, and Himalayan sea salt).
Put the ingredients in the jar as shown for a colorful, easy salad!
Avocado and Egg
Recipe from: Pop Sugar
2 ripe avocados
4 fresh eggs
1/8 tsp of pepper
I tbs of chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
3. Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
4. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
6. Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
Recipe From: Sheer Luxe
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
4 slices roast turkey
1/2 cucumber, sliced
Sprinkle of paprika
1. Top a lettuce leaf with a slice of turkey, cucumber, hummus and paprika, then, as if it were a sandwich, wrap it up with another piece of lettuce.
2. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Tip: This can be done with a variety of ingredients, such as tomatoes, avocados or peppers, as well as salmon, chicken, lamb or prawns. White cheeses, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, turmeric, oregano, all work too. Whatever you have in your fridge!
Stuffed Bell Pepper
Recipe from: Damn Delicious
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
1 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Spoon the filling each each bell pepper cavity. Place on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Recipe from: Skinny Taste
1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped*
1 medium tomato, diced
1 hass avocado, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 limes, juice of
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
2. In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, and jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.