Working (Out) Towards New Year Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Lets face it, we’ve probably all had a New Years resolution that involved going to the gym or exercise more often. I know that it’s probably been mine for the last few years. Somehow, I always loose motivation to go or get bored of the same work out everyday. This year, I decided that I need to make my work outs more fun in order to stick to my goal. Hopefully, they’ll help me and you too if this may be your goal. 

First, I started going to the gym with one of my friends. We challenge ourselves by trying to keep up with one another as we run side by side on the treadmill. We do buddy work outs for our abs, so it’s fun, and we help each other. Then when we do weights, we get to talk and catch up on our lives. 

Second, I signed up for some class work outs with an instructor. When someone leaves a work out class in the middle, it’s pretty disruptive to the rest and rude to the instructor. So sign up for something fun like yoga, Zumba or kickboxing! The instructor will keep you going, and you won’t lose as much motivation.

The third key here is to not starve yourself when you change your eating habits. If you don’t eat as much, you’ll have less energy to even go to the gym at all. Gradually bring your body into the pattern of eating better, healthier foods.

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"