Lulule(MEN): Girl’s Take On Guys Wearing Lululemon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Lululemon Athletica is striking a stronger pose with men (pun intended). Maybe the men’s line sales have increased due to more males practicing bro-ga, or perhaps women are buying men’s clothing for their SO, friend, or family member. Whatever the circumstance, Lululemon’s business has diversified with the men’s line, and now the company is not just relying on stretchy pants and yoga mats. 

A conversation I had a few weeks ago with my sorority sisters sparked the topic of this article. As an Educator at Lululemon Hilldale in Madison, I was very intrigued by what they would have to say. Moral of the story: the Lululemon men’s line has many opinions which interest men. Here is a girl’s take on Men’s Lululemon.

“My boyfriend has more Lululemon than I do.”

This is the guy that comes in with his girlfriend, and takes longer to shop then she does.

“In my hometown and high school, guys wore Lululemon just as much as the girls did and no one thought anything of it.”

This is the guy who is a frequent shopper and never misses a new product.

“A guy wouldn’t be caught dead wearing Lulu in my high school.”

Then there’s this guy. He’s probablly roped into Lulu because his girlfriend needs a new pair of Wunder Unders. While he is extremely embarrassed to be in the store, we all know he’d never oppose watching his girl try on leggings.

Being an employee, one consistent piece of feedback is that there is a lack of men’s items. So… SURPRISE! Lululemon has created standalone male-focused stores that are now opening! GUYS keep your eyes open for brand new stores created just for you with more product assortment that is geared toward the Lulule(MEN). The first store is opening in NYC and more are sure to follow! As for myself, a man in Lulu is an automatic turn on, and the key to my heart. So, stay true boys. If you like it, wear it, because a lot of people love to see it.  And we know you love the logo too. 

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com