Get Motivated: 10 Fitspo Instas to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

With the start of every new semester many of us inevitably tell ourselves this is it, the kick-start to a healthier lifestyle. We tell ourselves we’ll work out, eat better, drink less, sleep more… but it can be hard to change old habits. That’s why we’ve found the best Fitspo Instagram accounts to help you out! Fitspo, the catchy shortening of Fitness-Inspiration, refers to anything from workout tips and healthy recipes to transformation stories and body positive mantras. The key concept here is that health is the main focus, not weight loss. To be fit is to be healthy, and to be healthy is to be happy. Follow these accounts to get motivated and soon enough you’ll be the happiest and healthiest you’ve ever been!! 

1. @NikeWomen: Between cute workout outfits and pictures of women working hard, you’ll be inspired to move! 

2. @mindbodygreen: Lifestyle tips and inspirational photos to motivate you with positive energy. 

3. @healthforhappy: If you’re looking for simple and healthier alternatives to those bland, artificial options from the dining hall, you need to follow this account. Lisa Karaki, a 19 year old from Aussie, posts her beautifully-photographed meals and tells you in the caption what ingredients she used! Many don’t require any cooking, but Lisa does have a blog with more detailed recipes! 

4. @blogilates: Cassey Ho, the creator of POP Pilates, shares Pilate moves, workout challenges, and yummy recipes! 

5. @detoxwater and @detoxwaterrecipes: Detox water – aka fruit-infused water – is sooooo simple to make and it’s a great alternative to sugary sodas! These accounts are both managed by the same person who posts pictures of the best-tasting recipes and ingredients to mix. 

6. @thefitfoodieblog: Sally, the UK blogger behind http://the-fit-foodie.com/, posts a variety of lifestyle tips, recipes you’ll actually want to try, and gorgeous pictures of the ocean. 

7. @fitfoodandrepeat: Laura, another healthy lifestyle blogger (and a model!) shares her own tips and recipes, and even some of her model shots! Check out her blog here. 

8. @mynameisjessamyn: A self-proclaimed “Yoga Enthusiast & Fat Femme,” Jessamyn is all about body positivity, accepting who you are, and letting people know that healthy comes in all sizes. Follow her as she proves that anyone can find their balance in yoga. 

9. @motivationwall: With workouts, inspirational quotes, yummy recipes and snack ideas, this account will jumpstart your feel-good, get-healthy attitude! 

10. @toneitup: This account is run by fitness gurus Karena & Katrina! They provide workout ideas and even post real pictures of successful transformations women have achieved by following their workouts and nutrition program! Their website offers a lot of free tips and workout videos, so be sure to check those out! 

So get going! Eat healthy, work out, feel great. Here’s to what will be your best semester yet!  

Lily R. Hansen, a 2017 UW-Madison graduate, served as a managing editor of the HC Wisconsin chapter beginning her sophomore year. An avid reader and writer, Lily also has a passion for live music and breakfast foods.  
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!