This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Why your self love is your most important love?

We all have many desires in life and want to be made feel special but who can make us feel these ways the most . Yourself is the answer, it can be relieving to only worry about how you think. Love is special it makes us feel good and strong like we can go through anything. But all love is not healthy love. Some love from others hurt you and it is important you not let it . Do not let them control your feelings and emotions. Be the leader and in control of the situations. Take steps to let go of others who do not shed light onto the situation. So I want you to take these steps to make yourself feel loved.

Below will be list different ways to protect yourself love and how to practice it:

1.Letting Yourself feel emotions: Determine what it is your feeling and letting yourself understand it. When you feel happy do things that make you feel excited and good about yourself. When angry let your emotions show it is ok to scream and yell those are your feelings. When your sad cry and let your feelings show become upset and let yourself have time alone to be upset.

2.Letting your feelings receive validation: Start learning about the various different feelings that are possible, and how to begin to recognize them when they are happening inside of you. Talk to trusted friends who make you feel safe and comfortable.

3.Trusting your gut: Trust your feelings believe in what you feel, if things feel off trust it and if you are not comfortable with something let your feelings be acknowledge and heard.

4.Give yourself a day off.

5.Take time to read and enjoy a book.

6. Smile!

7. Call your family and tell them you love them.

8. Give yourself a massage with beautifully scented lotion.

9.Take a nice hot bath or shower

10. Try attempting to do new things like yoga.

11. Play with a fur baby and enjoy their company.

12. Give Yourself daily affirmations.

13. Stop comparing yourself to others.

14. Start taking on fun little projects.

15. Work out and focus on your health.

16. Learn to understand your mental health.

17. Get Dressed up just because

18. Take yourself on a date

19. Hang out with friends

20. Allow yourself to have sweets

It may feel hard to let yourself do these things and enjoy your life but it is important that you learn to. Life is a great thing and should be value everyday and women are beautiful creations on this earth. You deserve to let yourself feel loved regardless if it is from you or someone else. As well we live in a time where we have to put these things first or we seem to fall apart. You cannot properly love others if you cannot give yourself the love you deserve.

No matter what you decide to do when learning about loving yourself just always remember to put yourself first and give yourself all the possibilities for success.

Jasmine Creech

Winthrop '25

Lets laugh cry, and celebrate our lives together :)