Just 10 Really Happy Things To Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Christmas may be looming in the distance, but finals are here and we are in the thick of it, Colliegettes — as our bank accounts dwindle, stress levels rise, and sleep deprivation reigns, let us take a moment to relax and refresh before we finish out the semester!

1. This dog whose owner gave him the best present of all

The owner of this dog deserves all of the awards for dressing up as a huge version of the pupper’s favorite Gumby chew toy. Look at the pure joy on this dog’s face! Look at his tentative tail wagging! Everything is right in the world!

2. This man who put together a lyrical proposal four years in the making

When Jack Hyer realized he wanted to marry his girlfriend, he decided to incorporate his amazing world trip into a proposal video full of wanderlust that will make your heart smile.

3. This other dog who cheesed SO hard for a selfie

Meet Nelly. She is beautiful and pure and loves to smile. 

4. That time that Amazon Prime gave us an insultingly beautiful story of friendship and acceptance in only 1:20.

A priest and an Imam (one who leads prayers in a mosque) spend some time together and realize they share the same issue — achy knees. Then they get each other beautiful presents from Amazon and everyone cries and nothing is wrong in the world. 

5. This cat who overestimated himself. 

Just…just watch it. This cat is all of us when we try our best but don’t succeed. 

6. When Tinkerbell proved to this little girl that dreams really do come true. 

Shaylee Mansfield, 4, is deaf. When she visited Disneyworld with her family, Tink herself had a special surprise in store…

7. That time a baby chick nestled under a cat’s chin and then they both took naps. 

Inter-species napping: the key to world peace. 

8. This little girl who just….LOVES Obama.

Whether or not you enjoyed the last 8 years, there’s no denying that this little girl is verklempt about Obama leaving, and it is adorable.

9. This three minute long video of a baby and a dog who are BFF’s. 

We should all strive to have a friend like this baby does. 

10. This girl who, post-surgery, got really emotional about Chip and Joanna Gaines. 

Which is, y’know, totally fair. Alli Kennedy started having a lot of feels about the famous house-fixing duo after she had her wisdom teeth removed, and thankfully someone was around to capture the hilarity. 

Hang in there, Colliegettes — you can make it! 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.