This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

As a college student, it’s absolutely normal to feel stress, anxiety, or worry at some point in your life. We all find ourselves fretting about keeping our GPA up, worrying about fitting in and getting accepted into a club or organization, or even stressing about what to do with our life after college. It can be a lot. Finding ways to overcome stress & anxiety is unique to every individual, but if you haven’t found yours yet, try mine – being a Christian. I find so much peace and comfort in reading God’s word. I can’t explain the feeling. Here are just a few of the many Bible verses that help relieve me when I’m stressed: 

Isaiah 40:30-31

“Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not be faint.” 

Joshua 1:9

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” 

Luke 12:22-23

“Then He said to His disciples, ‘Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life,what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.” 

John 14:27

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

Psalm 94:19

“In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.”

No matter what I’m dealing with, reading those verses really lifts my spirits. College, and life in general, can be a round trip on the struggle bus. I hope these Bible verses can help you sit back, relax, and appreciate the ride

Chastity is a Corporate Finance student at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. While she's building her career as a business professional, she loves to cook, bake, read, and paint in her free time. Her obessions include, but are certainly not limited to - Jesus; her Yorkie pup, Max; Christmas; One Tree Hill; and holiday decorations. You can follow her on Instagram @chas.jones :)
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.