Spoon Csu-Mixing Bowls Whisk
Spoon Csu-Mixing Bowls Whisk
Brooke Buchan / Spoon

Recipe for Success

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

Have you ever had a comfort snack that got you through almost everything, from hard times at school with classes to a lack of energy for your sport? I normally take a break and have my snack, and it seems like everything is fixed. The specific snack that my dad always made me, “Power Balls,” got me through my high school career as a student-athlete. Now, college hasn’t been the most straightforward. With my dad a mere 14 hours away, he can’t very well make me the power balls whenever I am feeling down. There have been bumps along the road, and many, many potholes. With the hockey season starting up, I need all the help that I can get. 

My dad, being the amazing parent that he is, recently sent me a large care package. It included the essentials (winter coat, clothes I forgot, lint rollers) that I desperately needed, but it also included the recipe for the Power Balls along with all the ingredients and new Tupperware to store them in. I hadn’t asked him to send me these, but he could infer from my frantic phone calls at 11:30 pm the night before my first test and the night before my first skate that I could use some comfort from home. Now I am able to make my own Power Balls, and they have been helping to get me through my days. If you ever need an extra boost, or simply a delicious snack that none of your dining halls offer, make these:

Ingredients:

• 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • ½ cup Sunflower Seed Butter
  • ¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • ¼ cup honey
  • ¼ cup raisins
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
  • ⅛ tsp salt

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and let chill for 30 mins. Form small balls from the mixture. Store refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to one week. Enjoy!!

Erin Pye

Williams '26

Hey Ya'll, I'm a first year at Williams College and I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus!! I play for the women's ice hockey team and am involved in a few extracurriculars like baking club and pick up soccer. I can't wait to hear all about your experiences!