This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Fall is just around the corner and with summer ending, this means it’s time for a new season. The leaves are changing colours and the weather is cooling down; this brings pumpkin spice lattes and sweater weather. This year, it will also bring a hot girl fall.

When I use the term ‘hot girl fall,’ it’s open to many different interpretations. In this article, I am going to define it as being unapologetically you and accomplishing the things that you want to while being confident. This is the best way to have a hot girl fall.

I created a list of different ways to have a hot girl fall or to get you feeling your best again. Either way, a new season brings new beginnings. This means we can hit that restart button to get our mind and bodies feeling their best!

hydrate

I know this is always being said, but hydration will make you feel good! Drinking water is beneficial for our health. Water gives energy to our bodies. The first step of having a hot girl fall is all about getting the energy you need to accomplish your goals and have a successful season. Staying hydrated is important to keep our bodies feeling their best to tackle everyday tasks!

go outside

I will openly admit that I have a hard time doing this once I get busy with school. Go outside, get a short walk in or just sit down on a bench and enjoy the fresh air. Winter is around the corner and if you’re not a winter person like me, you understand that going outside doesn’t happen too often. Fall is the perfect time to get outside, the scenery is a bonus and the weather isn’t too hot or cold. Getting outside is also just good for your mental health; it helps clear the mind and lets you just enjoy life for what it is.

Have an outlet

I stress having an outlet because this is an important thing that some people forget to do. Taking twenty or thirty minutes out of your day to clear your mind is important. This can be exercising, reading or even meditating. Whatever you find helps relax your body and mind, take advantage of it and turn it into an everyday routine. Think of your outlet as becoming a part of your self-care routine. Being able to relax with a feel-good activity will help make every day feel like an accomplishment, and that is what a hot girl fall is all about.

unplug from the internet

Last, we need to take some time to unplug from the internet. Putting our electronics away and focusing on our outlet or doing a self-care routine is a perfect excuse to put down technology. With those doing school online, we need to give ourselves a break from the internet and especially social media. Our minds will thank us for not consuming technology 24/7. Instead, use the time to focus on making ourselves feel better as we start a new season.

A hot girl fall isn’t about relationships or friends in this article; that’s not my interpretation of it. For me, it means focusing on our body and mind and making sure that we are enjoying the full potential of ourselves and at the same time enjoying the beautiful new start to a season. Sometimes when we get stuck in a rut, we need something new to get us pushing through. Focus on yourself and things that you enjoy doing and at the same time, you’ll have yourself a hot girl fall. 

Ashley Ethier

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Ashley is a third year double major in Sociology and English at Wilfrid Laurier University. In her spare time she enjoys reading, walking her dogs and enjoying the simpler things in life.