Meet the Exec: Madeleine Prentice!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

This week, Her Campus WLU is introducing you to our executive team! Make sure to check out our hiring post and reach out if you have any questions! 

What’s your name and position?

Madeleine Prentice, Events Director 

What are you studying?

English and Medieval Studies

What’s the best part about being in your position on Her Campus WLU?

Getting to work with such great girls! I love the energy, enthusiasm, and support we all have for each other.

Any other commitments on campus?

I am social media exec for Medieval Students Society.

If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?

A miniature pig.

Go-to meal at Wilf’s?

Mac and cheese wedges ??

Best study spot?

The DAWB! Fun fact: during exam season one year I once lived in a DAWB room for four days.

Favourite animal?

Cats.

Best Bath and Body Works scent?

Leaves!

Any pets?

Two cats who I’m obsessed with, Theo and Sebastian!

Where would you like to be instead of writing exams?

I always want to be meandering around a castle instead of doing anything else, to be honest. 

What form would your patronus take? 

Cat.

Any fun hobbies you have? 

I have a slight makeup obsession, so my hobby is probably spending way too much money filling my already overflowing makeup drawers.

Movie you think everyone should see at least once?

Mulan.

Think you’d have something to talk about with Maddy? Apply to join her events team here before 31 December! 

Madeline McInnis

Wilfrid Laurier '19

Madeline graduated from the BA+MA program at Wilfrid Laurier University in 2020. In her undergraduate degree, she majored in Film Studies and History with a specialization in film theory. She later completed her Master's of English degree, where she wrote her thesis on the construction of historical memory and realism in war films. If you're looking for a recommendation for a fountain pen or dotted notebook, she should be your first line of contact.