Juice Boost: 3 Immune-Boosting Juice Recipes to Try This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s officially October, and you know what that means: tartan scarves, fall booties and your Instagram feed filled with artsy angles of Pumpkin Spice Lattes. It also means that flu season is fast approaching. Not to worry, we’ve come up with three delicious juice recipes to boost your immune system keeping you healthy and energized this fall!

You’ll need a juicer for these recipes but trust us, it’s worth the investment.

Juice 1 – Just Beat It

·      1 beet

·      2 apples (cut in quarters)

·      6 carrots (peeled)

If you’re looking for a juice that isn’t too sweet but still flavourful and delicious, then this is the perfect drink. This simple juice of only three ingredients is easy to make and full of nutrients!

Peel the carrots to make sure your juice doesn’t taste bitter. 

Beets and carrots are high in immune-boosting vitamin C and will help keep you flu-free this fall season.

Juice 2 – A Pear Affair

·      2 pears

·      1 inch of ginger

·      1 apple (cut in quarters)

·      ½ lemon (peeled)

This juice is a delicious combination of sweet and sour flavours. The tropical taste will make you feel like it’s summer all over again. A girl can dream, right? 

Juice 3 – Mean & Green

·      ½ a head of kale

·      1 inch of ginger

·      ½ lemon (peeled)

·      2 apples (cut in quarters)

I have always been terrified of kale after too many attempts at kale chips gone wrong. I can finally say that this juice has changed that! This green juice might look scary at first but it actually tastes amazing. Kale juice isn’t bitter at all and the ginger adds a delicious spiced flavour.

Most importantly, kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around and provides so much support for our body’s detoxification system.

Collegiates, be sure to try one of these juice recipes this fall and keep that flu far, far  away!

Pareesa Bina

Wilfrid Laurier

Pareesa is a fourth year Business student at Wilfrid Laurier University. When she isn’t studying or writing, you can find her lane swimming, reading a good book on her hammock, or browsing the lipstick aisle at Sephora. She loves to "wine and dine" with her best friends, travel and enjoy a daily dose of Earl Grey tea. Pareesa lives for good puns, a good laugh and good company. 
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem