Travelling and Teaching: Meet The Her Campus Windsor CCs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Names: Alanna Keren, Bryanna Millben

Programs: AK: French/English, BM: English with a minor in History

Year: 3rd

Hometown: AK: Windsor, ON BM: Brantford, ON

What do you enjoy most about being CC?

BM: I enjoy being able to oversee creative people in their element, and encourage others to express their true self through their articles. I also enjoy meeting new people through the chapter!

How long have you been CC/been with HC?

AK: I have been CC for  almost two years now and I have been with HC for almost two and a half years.

BM: Same for me!

What are your plans for after you graduate?

AK: After I graduate I hope to get a teaching job in the area. I also hope that I am able to keep figure skating and coaching.

BM: After I graduate with my BA I hope to move on to my BEd and then my TESL to teach English overseas and travel!

What do you like the most about HC?

BM: I love the way that you can express yourself and you have a platform and a team of people rooting for you. I’ve written some pretty personal articles and have received a lot of support.

What’s been the most rewarding experience of your time in university?

BM: I’d say Her Campus has been the most rewarding experience. Working alongside a lot of different personalities and experiencing new things, especially Her Conference, has been truly rewarding.

What else are you involved in?

AK: What am I not involved in? I am a full time student, I am a mentor for two amazing first generation University of Windsor first years, I am currently doing a VIP (volunteer internship program) placement at a local high school where I am a teacher’s aide and helping prepare students for the grade 10 literacy test, I have a part time job at Tootsies Factory Shoe Market, I help out with high school ministry at my church, I figure skate twice a week, and I coach skating twice a week as well.

If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?

BM: If I could give my younger self one piece of advice it would be to dream bigger, work harder, you can actually do anything you set your mind to so why not shoot for the stars? Don’t let others get you down, and boys are not worth it.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

AK: If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go to Spain to visit my friend who I met while she was on exchange here in Canada.

BM: That’s tough for me to just pick one place! My dream is to teach and travel so I’d really love to go anywhere, especially New Zealand or Japan.