5 Things to Treat Yourself to this Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, everywhere you go seems to be covered with romantic love reminders, like heart-shaped donuts and roses galore. While it is important to celebrate these relationships, it’s also important to celebrate your relationship with yourself, and what better way is there to do that than to treat yourself? Here is a list of 5 things to get yourself for this love day.

1. Paint Nite

Enjoy a relaxing night with you and one of your girlfriends (or all of them!) at this Design a Sign: Be My Galentine event! Tickets are $60 per person, but if it is your first Paint Nite, you can use the code “HEYYAY” for up to $27 off your purchase. Grab your girlfriends and your I.D. and you’re in for a fun night of drinking and painting!

2. Lush self-care night

Celebrate the holiday with some more naughty themed bath bombs, or feeling yourself (and Ariana Grande) bath bombs from Lush! Pair with a face mask, bottle of wine and a soothing playlist and you’ll be relaxing all night.

3. Give yourself a much-needed mani-pedi

With gel manicure sets like this one, there’s no need to leave your house anymore. Throw a few extra colours in, boot up an episode of Gilmore Girls (I recommend “A Vineyard Valentine” which shows how badly Valentine’s is even when you have an S.O.) on Netflix and brew a hot cup of tea for a cozy February evening!

4. Make cookies while watching THE romantic comedy of the year!

If you haven’t seen Crazy Rich Asians yet, you’re missing out! This movie is perfect for Valentine’s Day because it focuses on all forms of love, like family and friendship. Pair it with Pillsbury cookies and your girlfriends for an extra special viewing.

5. Cozy up with a book for a nice night in

Treat yourself to one of the many books on sale at Indigo and maybe even throw a gift shop item into your cart too. For maximum comfort, I recommend getting a faux fur throw and a candle!

Which one of these will you be treating yourself to this Me-eintine’s Day? Leave a comment below letting others know and giving them some inspiration for their self-love day, and don’t forget to love and treat yourself well everyday.